Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Coyotes Jan. 10 The Fight Between the Brothers Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Too abstract: show me an actual disrespectful post about a player. Then I might agree with you.

I'm definitely not going through post history as I mostly only post on my phone anymore but the Phillips thread is the easiest example. I specifically remember some ugly posts.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm definitely not going through post history as I mostly only post on my phone anymore but the Phillips thread is the easiest example. I specifically remember some ugly posts.

Well, then it should be easy.

I also would like to see what constitutes crossing the line.

For me, if a player plays like garbage I should be able to express my opinion that his play was garbage. I'm not commenting on his character or what kind of person he is. I'm not calling him racist, or say he hits women, or that he eats babies. I'm strictly speaking about his play on ice. If his play strongly resembles a dumpster fire then I should be able to say that.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
that crosses the line (imagine a thread full of that). few would appreciate the word garbage associated with them

you can say he played poorly because this that etc

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well, then it should be easy.

I also would like to see what constitutes crossing the line.

For me, if a player plays like garbage I should be able to express my opinion that his play was garbage. I'm not commenting on his character or what kind of person he is. I'm not calling him racist, or say he hits women, or that he eats babies. I'm strictly speaking about his play on ice. If his play strongly resembles a dumpster fire then I should be able to say that.

You can say whatever you want. All I'm saying is if I think it's a disrespectful comment towards the player I personally won't comment or engage it.

I just find it funny that I bet the same people who call Phillips garbage would probably love to shake his hand and talk to him if they saw him off the ice.

There's a tactful way to criticize someone, that's pretty much all I am saying.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
There's a difference between calling Phillips garbage and calling his play garbage. Mind you I agree that there's no reason for the harsh word if you can help it.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
minimal poor searching led to this post. this (the reply by the second person) wasn't bad enough to be deleted

One person: Is phillips being benched? good to see.
Second person in reply: Maclean is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad