Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I don't think Trotz should be fired right now, maybe later but please have one look at the standings.
Looking pretty good to being 3rd in the division after tonight. Maybe get some luck and only be 2 points behind 1st and 2nd with only playing 2 and 1 extra games played.

penguins losing to canucks 4-1 at home xD i know our situation is not perfect either, but i'll always enjoy penguins losing games, no matter what
They're in worse shape than the Caps but no one wants to admit it.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Penguins aren't in worse shape than the Caps. They have a lot of guys underperforming, starting with #87. Their roster is still better than ours.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The Penguins aren't in worse shape than the Caps. They have a lot of guys underperforming, starting with #87. Their roster is still better than ours.
Not sure how you can try and spin giving up and scoring almost the same amount of goals as Coyotes as "underperforming".

So Backstrom was assessed a Match Penalty before for what happened to Wilson…

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not sure how you can try and spin giving up and scoring the same amount of goals as Coyotes as "underperforming".

So Backstrom has assessed a Match Penalty before for what happened to Wilson…

A lot of their guys are producing less then they should. Crosby, Guentzel and Sheary are underperforming big time. At this time of the year last year, Crosby had twice as many points as he has now.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
A lot of their guys are producing less then they should. Crosby, Guentzel and Sheary are underperforming big time. At this time of the year last year, Crosby had twice as many points as he has now.
Crosby has always been extremely streaky. Sheary and Guentzel don't have enough of a resume to say if they are underperforming or over preforming before. Couldn't be that the defense is even worse, they no longer have two starting goalies and the center depth is gone.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Not sure Grandpa Dick has that much stroke. Maybe I’m wrong and Patrick blocked the move. If I’m Leonsis and the season ends poorly, might be the last time Dick gets that privilege.

Patrick was the one that openly pined for an lured Trotz. With GMBM's "help" (which got GMBM the job).

I would candidly say Trotz was a Patrick hire. So of course I can see him blocking his dismissal. It's not like Patrick has to answer to MacLellan....

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't think the pens dcore is very good. Probably worse than ours

It's not very good I agree. Worse than ours? Debatable.

Crosby has always been extremely streaky. Sheary and Guentzel don't have enough of a resume to say if they are underperforming or over preforming before. Couldn't be that the defense is even worse, they no longer have two starting goalies and the center depth is gone.

Streaky yes but we all know that Crosby on his game makes a huge difference. If he plays like he can, he transforms his team. He gets the Guentzels and the Shearys going. I can't think of a player outside of McJesus that can elevate his linemates' play as much as Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad