Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Caps, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
This game wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, however, there was a clear moment Ovie and Trotz purposely trying to avoid eye contact when going into the tunnel after 1st period. :naughty:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
At game now laughing at all those who wanted trotz sacked yall have no patience smh. One loss and yall want heads to roll this isn't the redskins
Shoulda been fired over the summer. Actually, should have been fired before playoffs last season. He is just not the guy who will ever get us past 2nd round. He is a great guy and a very good regular season coach. But he has been coaching 20 years in this league and has never advanced to third round, even with two years of an absolutely STACKED roster. It’s time for a new coach to take a crack at it.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm impressed by Vrana, could be a breakout game for him. Also noticed how Bowey's decision making improved. He isn't flashy but he makes the right plays.

This game wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, however, there was a clear moment Ovie and Trotz purposely trying to avoid eye contact when going into the tunnel after 1st period. :naughty:

Video or it didn't happen.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Video or it didn't happen.

bug-eyes-gif-9.gif

^^^ It was just like this except the opposite.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

So basically trotz was just playing with the media with his comments that we took out of proportion

Had a feeling Trotz may have been playing with the media. It seemed he didn't want to answer the question about why he hadn't reunited Backstrom and Ovi. I like the decision.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Had a feeling Trotz may have been playing with the media. It seemed he didn't want to answer the question about why he hadn't reunited Backstrom and Ovi. I like the decision.

Me too.

And as soon as it looks stale put Ovie right back with Kuznetsov. There is no chemistry stuff to worry about as both centers are very comfortable with Ovie.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Just keep Wilson opposite to Ovi.

All in all, watched the game here and there, mostly in the background. Seemed different. Kinda like something happened. The simple line shuffle isn't doing much usually. So that was strange impression after the game. Backstrom and Ovi worked hard and I don't know what prevented them from doing it a game ago. Miracle.

Also, noticed Vrana's upper body is much bigger now. And kid goes to the net. Maybe they should keep him in top-6 somehow. Looks more focused on doing positive things than Bura who's kinda like Semin (more and more looking like him).

PS: They can't even tank properly!

Reactions: ovikovy817

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Could only watch the first period, it was refreshing -- the Caps were able to cycle a bit.. though not particularly dangerously (neither of the 1st-period goals came from that)... but at least cycling means possession, hides bad D, tires opponents out...

Kuz & Vrana looked to be moving with much better coordination without Ovi's "gravity"/whatever-you-wanna-call-it. Perhaps Oshie can be a pretty good match for them -- potentially fruitful combination of speed and grit... a rarity for the Caps.

I don't have any expectations for Ovi-Backstrom pairing; I think it's a well-tested dead-end in terms of getting the most out of their talents... on the other hand, it's not like Ovi & Backstrom have been setting the world on fire on other lines lately, so if they are gonna be subpar regardless, you don't lose much having them skate together, I suppose.

I do like Wilson with Ovi, always have, gives the line more-or-less an identity, and takes some toll on the opponents even if the goals aren't coming. At least in theory, and in flashes. Trotz always takes Wilson off before you can tell if it can really work...

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Meh, this was the Sens. We didn't spend long periods of time playing defense in our zone (minus PK) and the Trotz high to low once again generated ZERO goals or scoring opportunities.

Eye test says any line with Wilson has played well this season. Anyone else notice this? What's the advanced stats here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->