Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I don't care what anyone says, Ferraro is a great colour commentary guy and I consider it lucky that we have him doing the majority of our TSN broadcasts. Absolutely the opposite of "repeating cliches" and it never descends into open mic night at a comedy club.

Seriously Dean, enough with the schtick already. His best partners in my mind were Galley and Millen because they just ignored his constant "witticisms" and kept him somewhat focused.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Tonight alone Dean dropped a 'Shake if off' reference about 10-12 times.
His taking shots at someone who has just been fired is not very classy.

ISeriously Dean, enough with the schtick already. His best partners in my mind were Galley and Millen because they just ignored his constant "witticisms" and kept him somewhat focused.
I got a kick out of Potvin and miss him.but Dean and Gord bring out the worst in each other.After all the years together they have too many inside jokes and anecdotes that are way more interesting to them then to anyone else.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't care what anyone says, Ferraro is a great colour commentary guy and I consider it lucky that we have him doing the majority of our TSN broadcasts. Absolutely the opposite of "repeating cliches" and it never descends into open mic night at a comedy club.

Seriously Dean, enough with the schtick already. His best partners in my mind were Galley and Millen because they just ignored his constant "witticisms" and kept him somewhat focused.

Ferraro is wicked

I love listening to him

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I got a kick out of Potvin and miss him.but Dean and Gord bring out the worst in each other.After all the years together they have too many inside jokes and anecdotes that are way more interesting to them then to anyone else.

Yeah, Denis was fun. Certainly not as bad Gord and Dean together. Don't mind Gord otherwise though.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Try not having cable and watching on laggy ass firstrow which freezes every god damn time there's a shot or a play around the net as well as NEVER having sens commentary. Gotta love jack edwards complain that the "bruins receive the least amount of power plays among all teams" truly laughable.. has this guy not seen an ottawa game for the past 5+ years?

also: an afternoon shootout win over boston!!! did hell freeze over and i didn't get the memo?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Are we leading the league in missed shots? We must be.

ehhh not really. We're ranked 17th which is good for 338 misses. LA leads the league w/ 415 and Buffalo is 30th w/ only 231 missed shots.

LA total shots = 942

Ottawa = 843

Buffalo = 690

It appears that the more you shoot the more you miss. Although Buffalo seems to do a great job of really hitting the net relative to how many shots they take.

Chicago is a great example as well. They lead the league in shots with 1053, but they only have 348 misses.

That's 210 more shots than Ottawa with only 10 more misses.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
ehhh not really. We're ranked 17th which is good for 338 misses. LA leads the league w/ 415 and Buffalo is 30th w/ only 231 missed shots.

LA total shots = 942

Ottawa = 843

Buffalo = 690

It appears that the more you shoot the more you miss. Although Buffalo seems to do a great job of really hitting the net relative to how many shots they take.

Chicago is a great example as well. They lead the league in shots with 1053, but they only have 348 misses.

That's 210 more shots than Ottawa with only 10 more misses.
Thanks, where do you get the missed shots stats from (can't seem to find them in my usual go-to places)? I think I'd like to see how we rank in misses/attempts. That's where we might be leading.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Constantly narrating word for word the play that is going on the ice gets monotonous and simply boring quickly. If they did that I would definitely mute the game and put tunes on every game, which I do for most games anyways.

Isn't that what you want to hear though? If you have no access to TV wouldn't you want to listen to everything that is happening on the ice to get the feel of the game?

I'd understand if they told their jokes during stoppage of a play but when all you hear is a joke and 2 men laughing preceding a goal being scored it gets pretty hard to understand what the hell is going on

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014

That and Gord is just a ridiculous homer at times. Guy needs to stick to just doing stuff exclusively for the Sens' website videos. I would also say his homerism brings out more homerism in Dean. You expect it to an extent on local broadcasts, but when Gord is on, it's sad.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Thanks, where do you get the missed shots stats from (can't seem to find them in my usual go-to places)? I think I'd like to see how we rank in misses/attempts. That's where we might be leading.

Yeah, I'd like to see the %'s. I bet Turris and Karlsson are in the top 10 for players...

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Ferraro is wicked

I love listening to him

Ferraro is the best thing to happen to the Sens broadcast. He has no bias towards/against the Sens. He offers great insight from his experiences as a player. He also provides great objective analysis of plays during breaks in play. He can be critical without being overly negative.

Ray Ferraro: 10/10!

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Ferraro is the best thing to happen to the Sens broadcast. He has no bias towards/against the Sens. He offers great insight from his experiences as a player. He also provides great objective analysis of plays during breaks in play. He can be critical without being overly negative.

Ray Ferraro: 10/10!

Agreed. Ferraro is honest, informative, and energized.

MUCH better than any other TV/radio play-by-play or color "analysts". Compare this to most in the local media who constantly protect players/management, repeat the same old crap, and rarely share what they see and know.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Constantly narrating word for word the play that is going on the ice gets monotonous and simply boring quickly. If they did that I would definitely mute the game and put tunes on every game, which I do for most games anyways.

Were talking about the radio and its overtime. I'm sorry, but if you prefer inside jokes to play-by-play on the radio during overtime, you probably should put some tunes on because you're not a big hockey fan.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Agreed. Ferraro is honest, informative, and energized.

MUCH better than any other TV/radio play-by-play or color "analysts". Compare this to most in the local media who constantly protect players/management, repeat the same old crap, and rarely share what they see and know.
He will never be better than McGuire.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The guy is the voice if he Sens. A great tv commentator.
I will agree he's not made for radio because he does like to talk but he is awesome for TV.

My feelings also. I don't mind the bantering when he's on TV because I can see the video while he yaps off-topic but on the radio he totally loses the play. If I'm home I don't care because I often have both the TV (mostly on still audible lower vol) and radio on. I mostly favor the radio audio because Brown has a familiar voice and I enjoy the biased fan viewpoint he and Gord bring but I do switch back and forth to hear the tv commentary too especially when they are reviewing plays to make a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad