Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Couple of comments from the game, started the game thinking about Eichel after that first goal. Usually afternoon games in Boston we get destroyed. After all, we played a really good game.

After being really meh last game I thought Karlsson had a pretty good game, played it safe made some nice plays and all. Got caught in the offensive zone in OT on the 3on1 but other than that I was pleased with his game. Cut some plays in the D, chased people more IMO instead of gliding and let the guy go first in the corner. Good job, too bad he's -1 again.

Cowen had a good game too, that hit on Bergeron and many other plays he was very good. To be honest he has been good in pretty much every game since being back, nice to see and hopefully he's able to continue like that. The other Ds were good too, especially Ceci, he will be a great player, already is. I am just not a fan of Weircioch though, he is ok on offense but boy is he slow and soft for a big man, that footspeed is bad bad bad. Ryan and Zibanejad is really our first line now, 2 big powerful forwards I really like the duo combined with Hoffman's speed. Turris has to wake up, he's struggling big time, I hope he is able to shake it off and come back stronger.

We played a good game and looking at the standings because I heard we were only 2pts back from the 8th spot. It's true we are still in the mix, if we can build on that win and play hard in Buffalo and NJ we could very well be in the race. I like the way Cameron coached up to date, the only thing we really need to work on is our zone exits IMO, we get caught in our zone like crazy it's not even funny.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Boston isn't the team they were. I've enjoyed watching them lose their title as the beast of the east

I wouldn't disagree, but if you remember we've been losing to them years before they even became the beast of the east. It's more "curse" territory.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
It's hard to dislike Boston as a team. Their system clearly focuses on cohesive, hard-working hockey and they won their championship on the back of great management and leadership (Chara, sob). But they also employ guys like Marchand and Lucic. Seriously, Marchand has the most punchable face in the NHL. Those players make it really hard to root for Boston in my opinion.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
No Phillips, no Michalek, no Neil, no problem.

Could you imagine what this team could do if we could ship away that 8.4M of suck from this franchise and use that money to acquire another Bobby Ryan-type player?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Phillips sat this game but the... ahem... unfortunate injuries to Neil(that had Gord in such a state) and Smith played a part as well.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Could you imagine what this team could do if we could ship away that 8.4M of suck from this franchise and use that money to acquire another Bobby Ryan-type player?

Might actually be a good team.

Getting rid of Phillips, Neil, Smith, Greening and Michalek would be HUGE.

BigBush*

I'd rather not give away roster player (stone/Chiasson), prospect (Pumpuel/Paul), and a 1rst

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lehner so far has been in 3 shootouts this season and he has won every one of them.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Am not a fan of the shootout, but will take the 2 points........

Boston has taken a step back this season but to take 2 points out of their building and in an afternoon to boot.....

Thought Ottawa worked hard during the game, although they had their lapses Hell every team does....................

Any word on Zack Smith I heard he took a stick or butt end to the head, any update on his condition???????????????

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Boro(25) and Gryba(26) were our oldest Defencemen today.

Had to admire Boro for having the guts to go after Lucic in a punchout and holding his own. Lucic wasn't as visible for the Bruins after that fight. Think it shocked him that a Sens player would actually go after him like that LOL, since it didn't happen very often in the past if at all---can't remember.

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Nice win.

A team can never have too many d-men, which is why I'm not on the dumping Chris Phillips bandwagon. I'm sure he'll be back in the lineup soon enough, and I'm ok with that.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Am not a fan of the shootout, but will take the 2 points........

Boston has taken a step back this season but to take 2 points out of their building and in an afternoon to boot.....

Thought Ottawa worked hard during the game, although they had their lapses Hell every team does....................

Any word on Zack Smith I heard he took a stick or butt end to the head, any update on his condition???????????????

I don't like the shootout either.

That was actually an entertaining overtime.

Games should not end on a skills competition.

BigBush*

Had to admire Boro for having the guts to go after Lucic in a punchout and holding his own. Lucic wasn't as visible for the Bruins after that fight. Think it shocked him that a Sens player would actually go after him like that LOL, since it didn't happen very often in the past if at all---can't remember.
Also like how Boro ran his face into the glass to initiate the fight.
Ottawa needs more of that

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

Lucic has been garbage this year. He spent last season on a line with Iginla and Krejci, and now Iginla's gone and Krejci's been injured for most of this season. He still hits and fights a fair bit but he doesn't do much else.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
1-who thinks we missed philloooops this afternoon?
2-who thinks cameron did not choose the 3 right shootout players?
3-tell me macleaan would not have chosen Greening Legwand Gryba?
4-zib is so nice to watch when pressure is off his shoulders
5-Ryan is a beauty one on one with any goalie in the league
6-Time to play the kids more and scratch the country club me thinks

GO SENS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad