Post-Game Talk: SENS bringing the Hurricane to Carolina, Fri. 7:30 pm

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How has nilsson been for u guys
I always thought he was a very good goal tender but struggled big time in Vancouver this year.

Is he playing better?

His first two games were scrambly as hell but he's settled down nicely. Big guy and now that he's calmed down he's using his size very well, he knows when to come out of the crease.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Its an advanced stat .. stands for Goals above Replacement. So according to that stat .. Ceci is the most "replacement level" player on the team. @Mickelbot can give you an explanation on it ; or you can look it up; but they look at a number of metrics to determine it.
I'll check it out. Thanks!

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Much more fun when they win,pretty happy we stuck it Carolina at home...It has been years since we have won there 2007 I think they said

Didnt they win there in overtime when the Sens were on their miracle run? I remember that amazing Turris deke that led to the overtime goal.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Didnt they win there in overtime when the Sens were on their miracle run? I remember that amazing Turris deke that led to the overtime goal.
Yep ,forgot that one...But wins have come far and few in that building over the years

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Its an advanced stat .. stands for Goals above Replacement. So according to that stat .. Ceci is the most "replacement level" player on the team. @Mickelbot can give you an explanation on it ; or you can look it up; but they look at a number of metrics to determine it.

Evolving-Hockey

Some interesting stats on that site. Ceci with only 13 minutes pp time and leading the team by far in pk time.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
By now Phoenix works mostly well. The biggest problem are the fact that it isn't intuitive whatsoever and that paperwork is always late.
Yep. Ive worked with hr and payroll systems for 15 years. "PhoenIx" isn't a technology problem

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yah.. they make certain assumptions around that.. All 4 players at the bottom;
Ceci, Pyatt, Paajarvi, and Boro would have high SH toi ;
More discussion on that here Wins Above Replacement: Replacement Level, Decisions, Results, and Final Remarks (Part 3)
Its not gospel
Its no secret we need to junk most of our bottom 6 ,my only wish would be that this team actually does this rather than taking it down from the top first ..Which is looking to be the norm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad