Post-Game Talk: SENS bringing the Hurricane to Carolina, Fri. 7:30 pm

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Baseball is a game that lends itself well to analytics. Sometimes i find with hockey stats that the eggheads are trying to annalyze a game they don't understand. Look at xGF. i've posted a few times that if you want to know expected goals for just add up how many guys are saying after the game "**** i should have had that one" Take the Stone play tonight...he's saying "**** i shoulda had that one" but it wasn't a shot on net so it doesn't count in xGf
Yes that would have counted for xGF, xGF is base on shot attempts not shots. Only way a scoring chance would be missed by xGF is if the player held on or passed the puck an no shot was attempted. It's not perfect, as factors like goalie position aren't accounted for, but it would catch Stone's bad angle miss on the open net.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes that would have counted for xGF, xGF is base on shot attempts not shots. Only way a scoring chance would be missed by xGF is if the player held on or passed the puck an no shot was attempted. It's not perfect, as factors like goalie position aren't accounted for, but it would catch Stone's bad angle miss on the open net.
All I know is Jays pitching sucks

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Hummmmmm, 11/7 worked out two games in a row.

Let's see what happens in St Louis, when they'll play 12/6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad