Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2014! (1st)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Add Baillargeon

Like I have said in previous years, vote as who you think will be the better player down the road, who will have the most value/impact as a NHLer. Their readiness has to be taken into account because it reveals where the player is trending. But it shouldn't be your principal evaluating tool.

IMO :

1) skillset (tools, hockey sense)
2) upside potential (possible impact, numbers projection)
3) willingness to achieve goals/likeliness to reach potential
4) NHL readiness (how close?)
5) other factors like character, age (like getting too old), etc

Why not extend to top 4 since it will be Stone and Pageau?

Why not top 5 since it will be Hoffman?

I have a few other prospects over Pageau and Hoffman... so not sure it's AINEC as you seem to think

In fact, if I had to predict how HFSens will vote in the top 10 (read: not my "top-10", but how I think the poll will shake out)
1) Lazar
2) Ceci
3) Stone
4) Hoffman
5) Pageau
6) Englund
7) Claesson
8) Puempel
9) Dzingel
10) Wikstrand

My gosh, I hope not lol

My top-25 from June 21st

1- Lazar
2- Ceci
3- Stone
4- Puempel
5- Prince
6- Dzingel
7- Hoffman
8- Claesson
9- Pageau
10- Driedger
11- Wikstrand
12- Borowiecki
13- Schneider
14- Grant
15- McCormick
16- Dunn
17- Harpur
18- Robinson
19- Baillargeon
20- Sdao
21- Wideman
22- Hogberg
23- Lindberg
24- Rutkowsky
25- Shore

I did not include Da Costa and Filatov = gone to Europe

Not sure where I'd slot Gutpill, Paul and Englund, as well as Francis Perron and Miles Gendron. Gutpill would be in my top-10 for sure, just a too high boom potential to be ignored.

I even think I might underestimate a few guys there, like Driedger, Hogberg, Harpur, Baillargeon and Lindberg. After the top-10 it becomes harder, so you have to go with your gut feeling and various criterias you use standardly.

Our top-20 will still be very strong IMO, but massively underrated because of WHERE the players are picked in the draft and the lack of hype of anything that comes with Ottawa Senators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad