Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2014! (1st)

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Who is it?

Senators Prospects Top 40 (2013) + Past Rankings:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1494213&highlight=

Prospect Criteria:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Tell me who to add next.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
How in the world are some of you picking Lazar over Stone

Curtis hasn't played in the NHL

Prospect implies future. It's debateable but not nuts. The fact that Stone is older and has therefore seen time in the NHL is not sufficient reason for me to declare him the better prospect. Lazar, along with Ceci, is arguably our most high end prospect. I'd put Stone a solid 3rd.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Realistically any of Ceci, Stone and Lazar are all good picks. There is a fairly large drop off in my opinion after them.

Its funny Stone has the best chance to bust of the three for me because of the injuries but I also think he has the highest potential. He is also the oldest player while to me Lazar is the safest and youngest but I don't know how high his top level can be.

Stone to me can be a 70 point first line powerforward I don't think Lazar has that upside but I think he is pretty much a guarantee of 50 points and an excellent two way game.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
No not really

I said "why are you picking Lazar over Stone"

Stone is far more proven and almost a lock to make the team next year

Lazar's fate for next year remains to be seen

What you said was...

...which implies that NHL experience trumps anything else. Dizzy has a handful of games, so by the logic in the above post...

Caje

Mar 18, 2010

Mark Stone has 8 points in 23 NHL games. Not exactly lighting the world on fire there.

It's between Lazar and Ceci to me. Ended up going with Ceci but it's very close.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Every year these turn into the exact same argument.

Some people value high-end potential over NHL readiness and vice versa. Just vote based on your opinion.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Replace the name Stone with Dziurzynski and it reads the exact same way — a conclusion based on a flawed reason.

If you replace one of the players that I referred to and therefore completely change the context of my assertion then yes

However you don't get to do that to my argument

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Lol we do go through this every year,

Just vote on the prospect on any consideration you want.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Every year these turn into the exact same argument.

Some people value high-end potential over NHL readiness and vice versa. Just vote based on your opinion.

Yep. Add in a dash of shiny new toy syndrome and shake vigorously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad