Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2014! (1st)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For the record I don't think it's ridiculous to have Lazar over Stone

I just don't get it and would like someone to offer their rationale behind it

This is a discussion forum after all

sure Dziurzynski isn't as good as Stone, but history tells us your reasoning is very poor

hard to pick between Ceci, Lazar, and Stone. I'll go with Ceci #1

If I have to pick which prospect I think is in the best position to have an NHL impact as soon as possible I think it's easily Stone

An argument can be made for Ceci but I think he would gain more by playing a full season and dominating the AHL for one year

Lazar though? He's had a good camp last year, a great year in junior and hasn't played in the AHL: as far as having an impact next year I wouldn't have him all that high on the list

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
This guy:

1297473745367_ORIGINAL.jpg

And he will make a significant impact next year with the big club. Quote me on that.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014

Rationale:
People may believe that Lazar has a higher ceiling.
People may believe that Lazar has a higher motor/will to win.
People may believe that Lazar's intangibles are greater.
People may believe that Lazar will one day be captain.
People may believe that Lazar is more likeable.
People may believe that Lazar is just as NHL ready as Stone.

All are possible. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but choose any of the above.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Since he's on the list, Ceci is an easy pick for me.

He's pretty much a top 4 D already and Lazar tops out as a 2nd line C. Basically, if Lazar pans out, he'll have a comparable value to Ceci right now.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Rationale:
People may believe that Lazar has a higher ceiling.
People may believe that Lazar has a higher motor/will to win.
People may believe that Lazar's intangibles are greater.
People may believe that Lazar will one day be captain.
People may believe that Lazar is more likeable.
People may believe that Lazar is just as NHL ready as Stone.

All are possible. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but choose any of the above.

Nothing wrong with believing but I would appreciate if someone who believes this could substantiate their belief

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012

I wouldn't disagree with anyone who says that Stone may have a higher offensive ceiling than Lazar, however anyone who says that Lazar has a higher potential, due to 2-way, physical play, versatility and a "complete game" would be fair in saying that.

If not for potential what are we judging prospects on? And in terms of NHL readiness, there seems to be a lot of belief that Curtis could step directly into the NHL from the CHL this coming season.

To me either one makes sense. And I'd put Ceci into the same category. Great "top 3" to have in our pool.

tl;dr: it's all about the "potential"

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa

you also have to provide the rationale for Stone as better prospect. you were the first to say you disagreed, so you should have been the first to provide your reasoning, or as you say substantiate your belief
If I have to pick which prospect I think is in the best position to have an NHL impact as soon as possible I think it's easily Stone
nhl impact as soon as possible could factor, though I think many are going by what players they think will have the best peak

your definition of top prospect i think differs than most

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i haven't watched the players play, so my reasoning is embedded almost entirely in who has gotten the best hype

INurHome

Mar 25, 2011
Ottawa
I just cannot ignore what(and how)Ceci has done at the NHL level. So I am gonna go with Ceci/Lazar 1/2.
I suggest we add Shore. I like his upside, I have hopes for him (way) down the line.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Curtis Lazar

Probably one of our most well-rounded prospects ever.

The guy does nothing but help you win and is quite decorated in his junior career because of that. He may not have the offensive flash of some of our other prospects, but he is pretty much a lock to make it to the next level.

Add Cole Schneider

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Realistically any of Ceci, Stone and Lazar are all good picks. There is a fairly large drop off in my opinion after them.

Its funny Stone has the best chance to bust of the three for me because of the injuries but I also think he has the highest potential. He is also the oldest player while to me Lazar is the safest and youngest but I don't know how high his top level can be.

Stone to me can be a 70 point first line powerforward I don't think Lazar has that upside but I think he is pretty much a guarantee of 50 points and an excellent two way game.

Puempel, pageau, prince aren't a bad 4,5,6. Not THAT big of a drop off.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lazar ceci 1 and 2.
After that it's weird. Of course there's stone. But then there's all the ones that are where they are right now. But have so much room for improvement and I think will make those improvements given this staff. In that bracket we have claessen dzingel paul who I think will all be good players. Puempel and prince slightly before them right now though.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Prospect rankings should ALWAYS be:

Potential x their ability to hit that potential in NHL.

Which is more likely? Lazar being 60 point all-around C or Stone being 60+ point gritty and smart defensive minded winger?

I see both happening but I see Lazar being more important cause he's a C and more effective with his speed.

With that being said, Ceci also has number 1 D potential and that trumps both.

It depends on what people's opinions are. I think Lazar will be more valuable, thus our best prospect atm.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00