News Article: Sens add Capuano to coaching staff

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well he should not have signed with the sens then. Dorion needs to keep good personnel he is in direct competition with Buffalo. This is not the first guy to be blocked and it won't be the last.

Ok, either you're deliberately being disingenuous to protect Melynk and the organization, or you know nothing about the NHL and how things work in this league.

Everyone's on the payroll...

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Doing this right after the team cut the coaching staff’s salary is pretty self-unaware. Doing this while we’re negotiating with Troy Mann for a new contract is completely idiotic.

Troy seems like a decent guy but how highly overrated this guy has become amazes me. Logan Brown, Brannstrom and Balacers stalled right out under him. Guys like Pinto Brady Jimmy Stu all took a different path.
What has this guy ever done to be held as the gold standard and the savior of the universe?
I hope they keep him and figure things out but it’s not like he is some great championship winner or has a long record of kicking ass

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Ok, either you're deliberately being disingenuous to protect Melynk and the organization, or you know nothing about the NHL and how things work in this league.

Everyone's on the payroll...

Every team has done things similar in the past it’s just if it’s Ottawa then it’s unheard off and bad..
Fake outrage and fake excuses to act upset and negative
What about Dubas?” No it’s fine they wanted him”
What about DJ.”no it’s fine because because well perhaps at one time they wanted him but it’s ok they didn’t promote him and held him back for years....”
“It’s fine everywhere but here and you just don’t get it mann”

Ya right you sit around and make excuse after excuse why it’s fine when they do it

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well it didn’t take long for this issue to get pretty divisive! I personally don’t think it was a terrible decision to insist the Cap finish his contract. Perhaps the league trend is what needs reigning in.

Anyways, I’m making a baseless assumption that there is a reason for keeping him on, and if it benefits the team to do so I’m fine with that. There are far worse things than having to finish out a 3 year contract that a team gave you, pulling you off the dead head coach pile.

I can understand the indignance though, but it does seem like everything that occurs has a fuse and stick of dynamite attached to it in here.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Sorry, why do people think this is poor asset management? Is Capuano not a viable contingency plan for DJ (who is in a contract year himself)? If we think we have a good one in the wings why would we release him? PD could very realistically have a back up plan that involves Capuano, no?

To say it's the right thing to do is really oversimplifying it imo. We're in a rebuild that is going really well from a team morale standpoint and for all we know Capuano could be a big part of that behind the scenes. It's probably not a simple equation, why pretend like we know better?

Reactions: pzeeman

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
How do you know it isn't super common to say no but other teams have enough class and understand the drama it would cause so they keep it under wraps?
Maybe Cap was the guy who leaked the news? Why do you automatically assume it was leaked by Buffalo?

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Troy seems like a decent guy but how highly overrated this guy has become amazes me. Logan Brown, Brannstrom and Balacers stalled right out under him. Guys like Pinto Brady Jimmy Stu all took a different path.
What has this guy ever done to be held as the gold standard and the savior of the universe?
I hope they keep him and figure things out but it’s not like he is some great championship winner or has a long record of kicking ass

Huh? Balcers was over point per game last year for Belleville and was a full time NHLer this season. Brown was also over point per game last year and I’m not sure how Brown being made of glass falls on the blame of Mann. Brannstrom was also very good for Belleville last season and was phenomenal went sent down this season.

Norris, Batherson, Formenton and Paul were all developed under Mann. To a lesser extent Parker Kelly was a fourth liner last year for Belleville and now has an NHL game under his belt.

He’s won a trophy at the professional level with Hershey.

I am not sure how he’s overrated. He will be an NHL coach very soon.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad