Confirmed with Link: Sens acquire Callahan + pick for Condon + pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Melnyk really shouldn't be eligible for revenue sharing if he's going to have a payroll of $45 mil. That's ridiculous.

Melnyk's losses will be coming from the debt he has incurred, which is all his own doing.
$45M is less than my 28 person office bills per year. Can we be in the NHL?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So you're advocating we don't try to finish out of the bottom 5? I'm glad we don't have your toxic loser mentality in the organization.

We don't have a toxic loser mentality in the organization? Is that why we're spending well below that cap floor and taking on noted losers like Artem Anisimov and Nikita Zaitsev? Is that why we trade draft picks to save cash? And is it why we couldn't re-sign even one of our established stars?

Winners all around!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
They did not. I made a post that made a very specific point that you decided to ignore on purpose.

I didnt quote a specific part of your incorrect post and ignore the rest because its not accurate. I dont want to debate with someone who specificly speaks with an agenda and wont address people's entire argument while cherry picking.

You are basically trying to argue that cap space isnt an asset and the sens havent got worse and worse.

Your post was already proven wrong but again you chose to ignore that too. I made a good point so I am going to just post my exact post again so you dont derail it.

For the second time.

It appears that the t.v revenue alone covers the cost of the payroll.

WOW! Ottawa Senators TV deal worth up to $400M

Here is an article from 2014 articulating that the sens could get as much as 40 million in money from the T.V deals alone. Then you take into account things like revenue sharing and concerts and Eugene will actually make money without selling a single ticket this season.

But hey keep defending the deal everyone its just great! Where the sens could have aquired assets to make the team better its just an extra 2 million in Eugenes pocket while the team continually gets worse and worse.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
So do we applaud Dorion when it's his own mistakes he's been trying to clean up? and is only able to clean up a portion of them like the small savings on Anisimov?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not sure that’s what I meant, but whatever.

You called the poster disingenous after he said that Pierre saying the goal was trying to make the playoffs next season was a lie. Pierre has gone on to cut the payrole by 16 million dollars after he said they were trying to make the playoffs. He also said that the core veteran leadership group included Smith and Ceci who are now both gone. So who is being disingenous the poster or the GM?

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Most other places are nowhere near as bad as this place. Most are frustrated with Melnyk and the team's demise (as am I). But they won't go as far as to continually lie and misrepresent things like many here do.
Lying about the shitshow put on display by EM and the Front office is something that's not necessary...

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Ebb and flow dog, but I definitely hear you.

Look, Chicago, the leafs, heck even the clippers came out of the dark cloud of a terrible ownership group.

We’ll come out of it too. Beyond boycotting there is nothing really to be done. Might as well take a step back from the wreckage and observe the goings on from a safe but interested distance.

Can’t let EM take the reigns over our emotions as well.
So um when???

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yup. It's nowhere near as bad as this place with the constant lies and misrepresentations. Same with reddit, nowhere near as toxic.
r/ottawasenators is small as hell.
Twittersphere is full of casuals.
This demographic follows more closely and is way more informed.

Reactions: Acidrain66

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada

Here is an article from 2014 articulating that the sens could get as much as 40 million in money from the T.V deals alone. Then you take into account things like revenue sharing and concerts and Eugene will actually make money without selling a single ticket this season.

But hey keep defending the deal everyone its just great! Where the sens could have aquired assets to make the team better its just an extra 2 million in Eugenes pocket while the team continually gets worse and worse.
Bert, you consistently forget that it's not only about payroll. Somebody has to pay off the teams debt, you don't expect our noble owner to spend his lifetime savings after all the hard work?
At some point the team will need a new arena or something, Rudy this pos didn't build and gift it to EM for free.
So any profit EM can spend on his next business failures is worth trading a pick or a superstar.
You should talk to some posters here who can explain to you why it's your duty to line Mr Melnyk's pockets and also why you should praise every move PD is making...look at all of his success and the high fives.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So um when???
Ownership change.

Seriously though, people need to just calm down a bit. Going off on each other over the same things.
We knew that we were getting rid of Condon eventually. What did we expect to get in return?

It's pretty much as exciting as an AHL for AHL trade.

Reactions: coladin

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
And?

Did you expect him to say otherwise? That is as basic a goal that there is. If you are trying to build a legal case or something then, yes, you have made a valid point. But this is professional sports and that is the norm. I am sorry you took it so literally
Good to know, you basically what PD said in the past were all lies, good to know

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Ownership change.

Seriously though, people need to just calm down a bit. Going off on each other over the same things.
We knew that we were getting rid of Condon eventually. What did we expect to get in return?

It's pretty much as exciting as an AHL for AHL trade.
That's the thing..it could be tomorrow or next 30 years..nobody knows. This team is on life support.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
A nasty little post from someone who makes a habit of it.

I wonder; you like to form strong hateful opinions about a guy like Bobby Ryan, whom you’ve never met, based on a few internet posts. Do you feel that it would be fair for me to form similar opinions about you based on your many internet posts directed at me?
Like your rumours about EK??

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Such a loser. I really hope Sens get smoked in the draft lottery this year because this kind of behaviour should not be encouraged.

Wow!

Talk about getting behind your team.

This was a nothing trade.

Let’s bring out the pitchforks and march on down to the CTC in September to show the prospects our support?

Reactions: coladin

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
You called the poster disingenous after he said that Pierre saying the goal was trying to make the playoffs next season was a lie. Pierre has gone on to cut the payrole by 16 million dollars after he said they were trying to make the playoffs. He also said that the core veteran leadership group included Smith and Ceci who are now both gone. So who is being disingenous the poster or the GM?

Can't Gm and poster both be at the same time.

GM, Coach and player say thing and we roll our eyes saying : Wtf are they talking about. Are we watching the same game? for exemple

And some poster on some occasion say thing that i'm like : How could he understand that?

Haven't you never say to one of your lover while you were younger : "You are the love of my life!" Just to grow and realise that she isn't a person you want to spend your life with.

My point is : Situation changes everyday. You can say something and do another because there is new element.
They wanted to keep Ceci for a reasonable price tag. He wanted more. You trade him.

Anyway, i think that GM says thing that they shouldn't but so does posters.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
That's the thing..it could be tomorrow or next 30 years..nobody knows. This team is on life support.

And Islanders fans dealt with it with Wang for years, Leafs with Ballard, Chicago with Bill Wirtz, Pittsburgh had their issues before Mario saved them. Florida has had to deal with it periodically as well.

So we just have to grin and bear it, and laugh at our own misery.

Reactions: Variable26

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I didnt quote a specific part of your incorrect post and ignore the rest because its not accurate. I dont want to debate with someone who specificly speaks with an agenda and wont address people's entire argument while cherry picking.

You are basically trying to argue that cap space isnt an asset and the sens havent got worse and worse.

Your post was already proven wrong but again you chose to ignore that too. I made a good point so I am going to just post my exact post again so you dont derail it.

For the second time.

Callahan is on LTIR. We did not directly help Tampa with cap space. We actually sent cap to Tampa. From Tampa's end, this trade had more to do with off-season flexibility regarding resigning their RFA's than us taking raw cap space from them (like the Marleau trade to Carolina, which netted them a nice return). You're refusing to acknowledge the idea that Tampa might actually prefer to pay salary dollars towards Condon instead of paying a draft pick.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
And Islanders fans dealt with it with Wang for years, Leafs with Ballard, Chicago with Bill Wirtz, Pittsburgh had their issues before Mario saved them. Florida has had to deal with it periodically as well.

So we just have to grin and bear it, and laugh at our own misery.
You mentioned American teams, I think they they withstand longer than us.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
A nasty little post from someone who makes a habit of it.

I wonder; you like to form strong hateful opinions about a guy like Bobby Ryan, whom you’ve never met, based on a few internet posts. Do you feel that it would be fair for me to form similar opinions about you based on your many internet posts directed at me?
Seems like you have, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad