Confirmed with Link: Sens Acquire Anders Nilsson and Darren Archibald from Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Amazing that original Ottawa Senator Dave Archibald is coming home!

dave-archibald-bfc41319-646a-4236-ad8e-e3a65f3e456-resize-750.jpeg

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Nilsson isn’t consistent but can go on some hot streaks the odd time where he looks unbeatable. The problem is when you try to ride those streaks a longer than anticipated period of time. Plug him in the odd time and he gives you a chance though. More confident in him as a backup than I am in McKenna or Condon.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
don't quite understand It

The added pick is stupid, but they probably want an actual backup for Anderson so that Hogberg can continue to devellop in the AHL with Gustavsson while not having Mckenna in the way.

The player, I don't know about. But for the goalie situation, i can understand.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Nilsson should be better than McKenna.

Now Dorion, stop throwing in picks, you branded this financial deconstruction a rebuild, rebuilding teams don't willy nilly throw in picks, even 6th rounders.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Please, the trading of a 6th round draft pick is not going to make or break any team. There's about a 20% chance of a sixth round draft pick ever making the NHL.

yost-draft1_53958.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Nilsson is a FA this summer, why trade a draft pick for him when you know you'll lose him this summer. or is the plan to go with this starting goalie next year who has a career high of 10 wins in a season?

and at $2.5 million average, we cant afford to sign him anyways.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Please, the trading of a 6th round draft pick is not going to make or break any team. There's about a 20% chance of a sixth round draft pick ever making the NHL.

yost-draft1_53958.jpg

is it a drastic move, no, but it's to little to late, and it comes at a real cost of a 6th round pick which is just stupid. trading picks for free agents, and the only place this team seems to do well in the draft is in the late rounds.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
thank god can't watch another mckenna game
Agreed, it was tough to watch. A journeyman who paid his dues riding the bus having his dreams crushed before our very eyes.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Nilsson is occasionally streaky but mostly sucks and is overpaid as a backup.

Archibald is a legitimate NHL player. You guys will like him. Played 3rd line minutes getting buried in tough defensive starts last year and killed it ... and then got unfairly replaced by the much worse Schaller. Clunky skater but very physical, good defensively, good hands for a checker.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Financial Breakdown

I would be surprised if the Canucks didn't retain salary. Nilsson makes 2 million this season.

Assuming there is no retention that we later find out about, here's how the trade works out salary wise assuming both Pyatt and Archibald are going to stay in the minors for the Senators, and McKenna would be in the NHL.

NHL salary out=0.700M
AHL salary out=1.200M
Total Salary out=1.900M

NHL salary in=2.00M
AHL salary out=0.200M
Total Salary out=2.200M

Sens payroll increases by 300k. It doesn't sound like a lot, but this is the Senators we're talking about.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Thank god we dont see McKenna ever again. Not really my style and I dont want to be mean but he looks like a beer league goalie.

Deal is nothing bad, nothing really good either

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The added pick is stupid, but they probably want an actual backup for Anderson so that Hogberg can continue to devellop in the AHL with Gustavsson while not having Mckenna in the way.

Nilssons save percentage isn’t that much better than mckennas. And we give up shots like nobody’s busy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Nilssons save percentage isn’t that much better than mckennas. And we give up shots like nobody’s business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad