Confirmed with Link: Sens Acquire Anders Nilsson and Darren Archibald from Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I sure hope that was a blip and Nilsson is not the complete sieve we saw vs the Wild

If you look at his season stats, I think that might be the norm unfortunately. Guy hardly has better stats than McKenna for this year, although I hadn’t actually watched him play in Vancouver, so maybe the stats are misleading

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Nilsson's 5 on 5 save percentage over the last 3 seasons is .922

He's played 2950 minutes 5 on 5 over that time so i screened at a minimum of 2900. 48 goalies with at least that much 5 on 5 icetime. He's 28 of 48 over the stretch in save percentage and his numbers / ranking within that group are better than Andy's or Condon's on almost all stats.

He might be worth keeping

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Nilsson's 5 on 5 save percentage over the last 3 seasons is .922

He's played 2950 minutes 5 on 5 over that time so i screened at a minimum of 2900. 48 goalies with at least that much 5 on 5 icetime. He's 28 of 48 over the stretch in save percentage and his numbers / ranking within that group are better than Andy's or Condon's on almost all stats.

He might be worth keeping

He’s not passing the eyeball test

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm terrible at evaluating goalies. Never played the position. Just saying that my opinion on goalies shouldn't be taken too seriously.

But with Nilsson, I find he has terrible economy of movement for such a big guy. Commits too early when he can cover with those long legs. I can see why this guy's career has been so mediocre.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'm terrible at evaluating goalies. Never played the position. Just saying that my opinion on goalies shouldn't be taken too seriously.

But with Nilsson, I find he has terrible economy of movement for such a big guy. Commits too early when he can cover with those long legs. I can see why this guy's career has been so mediocre.
Yeah, looks like too much flailing around and bad posture for a guy that big. I don't know anything about goalie technique though, so take it for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad