Post-Game Talk: Sens 5, Habs 1

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm actually pretty impressed with Regin, he's just stuck on the 4th line while other guys have played all over the lineup. He's fine in his role, we just shouldn't expect anything more out of him.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I'm actually pretty impressed with Regin, he's just stuck on the 4th line while other guys have played all over the lineup. He's fine in his role, we just shouldn't expect anything more out of him.

except for the last two games, right?

what you're basically saying is that regin is fine, as long as he's a 4th liner.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
He doesn't seem to understand that I'm not saying Andy is the best tender in the league. I'm saying at this given moment, he's the best. He wont keep these stats up all season obviously.

It is interesting. Anderson came here in 2010-11... played 18 games. and I think he had the best stats in the NHL after that trade, better than even Thomas in save percentage. Plays a VERY solid 11/12 season. Playoffs in 11/12 and Anderson is among the best in the NHL, and statistically as well. And this year he is the best goalie in the NHL so far.

There is a decent precendence since Anderson came to Ottawa to believe he is one of the very best goalies in the NHL.

Certainly he is a great fit for our team and the style we are trying to play.

Let's get Lehner up to back up and we have no worries whatsoever in goal and we can give Anderson a few games of here and there and not worry that the team will get shelled.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
except for the last two games, right?

what you're basically saying is that regin is fine, as long as he's a 4th liner.

I didn't think he was too bad tonight, he plays a smart game out there, he just doesn't play the typical "crash and bang" style a 4th liner normally would. I would rather see Regin in the lineup then Daugavins. But ya, he's obviously replaceable when (if?) we ice a healthy lineup.

Granted, I had really low expectations for him coming into this season, so I may be the only one he hasn't let down.

Guy has zero value though, we may as well keep him around.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The most significant stat: the Sens are 2-0 when dealing with the flu. Draw your own conclusions.

Dude, you just jinxed it.
... Now Murray's going to trade The Flu to Tampa Bay, and we will never hear the end of it.

I can see it now: next time we go on a 3-game losing streak?
"You know what would look good in the Sens lineup right about now? The Flu. Thanks a lot, Murray".

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Dude, you just jinxed it.
... Now Murray's going to trade The Flu to Tampa Bay, and we will never hear the end of it.

I can see it now: next time we go on a 3-game losing streak?
"You know what would look good in the Sens lineup right about now? The Flu. Thanks a lot, Murray".

you thought 10-11 was bad? Wait till 13-14, the year the sens mandate flu shots.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Great game last night, guys. Still can't believe White took two selfish penalties in one play. That was the deciding factor last night. After the Sens scored those two goals, it was lights out. Habs had no chance of coming back, especially with Anderson standing on his head.

I've had the chance to catch most of the Sens game - TVA Sports and RDS play their games here - and I have been very impressed by their system and coaching. Very entertaining to watch.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Oh my what a nice win for the boys, im a soooo full of delicious tears this morning as i gourged myself last night and this morning on various hf threads!

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
Great win and as mentioned lots of Habby tears this morning...Anderson is criminally underrated on HF. Hopefully he can maintain his save percentage and force feed the haters some crow. Our depth is the main reason for our success. We don't have a ton of elite talent in the bottom six but man does everyone work hard. Someone needs to tell JOB he's a fourth line scrub? Obviously he missed the memo this year. Really like the guy and hope he can have a break out year.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I don't hate Methot. I just get annoyed when he kills the pressure the Sens have in the offensive zone, or when Karlsson makes him a great pass and he does nothing with it, or when instead of passing to Karlsson he does something else that is not effective.

That's the main source of my displeasure. Karlsson on the other hand is dominant pretty much every shift, creates so much offensively and has yet to directly cause a goals against.

What do you want him to do? Tap dance around the entire other team when they have Spezza, Karlsson on the ice? Why don't we just see if we can trade for Ryan Miller and play him as an RD while we are at it.

Seriously, Methot is doing what he is asked to do. Play a simple game, sometimes dumping the puck in the offensive zone deep is a better offensive strategy. Especially with a good forecheck. I didn't think he killed much offensive pressure. He's obviously not elite offensively, but this didn't seem to stand out. Its not as if its been a huge burden to Sens anyway. What I'm gathering, he is guilty for not being Erik Karlsson or Old Man Kuba.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Awesome game, but damn has Peter Regin been pathetic so far this year. His stick is where offense goes to die

I guess I'm the only one liking Regin's play. He still leads the team in Corsi, finishes 60% of his shifts in the Offensive zone while starting Sub 50% there and I don't think a goal has been scored against while he's been on the ice. Give him time and the pts will come.

John Holmes*

I guess I'm the only one liking Regin's play. He still leads the team in Corsi, finishes 60% of his shifts in the Offensive zone while starting Sub 50% there and I don't think a goal has been scored against while he's been on the ice. Give him time and the pts will come.

Made me laugh twice. Thanks.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

Nope. I've been quite pleased with him too. He's basically been a shut down C thus far, opponents haven't really been able to create much of any offense against his lines (caveat: I only saw 1 period of Tampa game). His offense hasn't come through yet, but part of that is because he comes back so deep to help out in his own zone. I still think he'll pitch in on the offensive side while playing great defensive hockey. He's a good player.

Can't really understand the criticism of his play thus far.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Regin has been fine at everything except point production, and I think he's great on the PP.

He needs to produce to stay in the NHL but right now he's been fine and if Turris gets bumped to the first line due to injury, maybe Regin gets a shot at the second line centre for a game or two.

General Granny*

He has played on the 2nd line the past 2 games with Silfver and Tender.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Made me laugh twice. Thanks.

If you don't like Corsi as a stat, that's fine, I understand. Too many use it as an indicator or good offensive play. I just see it as an indication that his lines have done a good job of keep the puck out of our zone, which frankly has been the case.

As far as the pts coming, its all a matter of expectations. Mine are not sky high; if he paces at 25-30 pts over an 82 game span, I'll be more than satisfied, I won't be disapointed with 20-25 though.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
One thing that impressed me about Regin last night: Eller hit him behind the net and he didn't fall apart.

So there's that.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Listening to MTL sports radio for kicks and a few observations:
-Every single fan coming on right now is stating they will win this weekend because they will be home, Subban, and Price. * This I understand and they should have faith *
- A couple of fans have come on and said they will beat us because: "They are the Senators, we are the Habs. We got grit, history, we are jelling well together....etc....etc"

Are they being serious LOL! Is this what goes through the minds of Habs and Leaf fans?!

Oh my lord, I really hope we beat them Sunday and see some crying fans again...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A lot of pressure on Anderson as the injuries pile up.

The fact that Montreal had more PPs doesn't seem to factor into their minds at all.

The fact that Budaj made some stellar saves early in the game doesn't seem to factor into their minds at all.

The fact that we were missing Spezza, Cowen, Gonchar and Lundin doesn't seem to factor into their minds at all.

The fact that the rest of the team was weakened by the flu doesn't seem to factor into their minds at all.

It's all about the refs.

Montreal will certainly be better suited to win on the weekend. I'm hoping for the upset.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Chalk me up as someone who is disappointed in Regin.

He's healthy, it's his chance to play in his natural position with some skilled wingers, and while he's not actively hurting the team, I'm not seeing a lot of dynamic play.

It's like he's playing to avoid making mistakes.

Turris, Zibanejad and Daugavins have shown what players can do with a little speed and intensity.

If Regin keeps playing, I hope he can snap out of it and realize that this is a huge opportunity for him and he should make the most of it.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
To me, Regin has been alright.

Hasn't really impressed me, but hasn't really been a hinderance either. Really just needs to be more productive, and many would likely not say anything bad about him. Its just hard to look at his point production and see guys like O'Brien doing better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad