Post-Game Talk: Sens 5, Habs 1

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
We are at the moment a two man show team = EK & Mister Anderson

The rest looks like an AHL team with a super system and coach.

We're not that good without the 2man show

what? so we get good goaltending and now we cant credit the rest of the team who executes the system?!?
Smith Neil Greening line is "an AHL line" ??!? that's weird because i thought they looked like a dominant NHL 3rd line in the same way the 4th line has dominated their counterparts who must be made up of ECHL players i guess.

Turris and Michalek have looked like AHL players?
Methot?
You know what kind of teams wins lots of games? teams where the best players play well.

No offence but that post is Pejorative Slured.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Zibanejad only had 09:15 of ice time last night. Did he ever make use of his few opportunities. Looking forward to seeing if he can raise his game with some more minutes.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Regins offensive ability is overrated, likely with the help of, a highlight reel play two years ago, a shot that he scored in the playoffs from just inside the blue line, and a rebound goal in the playoffs. Oh and he undressed like 19 year old one dimensional dman from Finland on the world champs.

Other than that he's been a good, hustling two way forward that doesn't make many mistakes and works hard to counteract whatever mistakes he does make.

That's all I expect from him. Will always be looking for more if we're relying on him to score because he probably won't score enough in that role. And that's fine, good player.

We aren't paying him to score and probably never will

Mercurial

#lalala
Oct 29, 2009
He has played on the 2nd line the past 2 games with Silfver and Tender.

Only Zibanejad had less ice time than Regin last night, they were most certainly not the 2nd line.

Silferberg and Zibanejad play a solid 2-way game, together they have the makings of a good shut down line in the future, with a big threat to score.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Zibanejad only had 09:15 of ice time last night. Did he ever make use of his few opportunities. Looking forward to seeing if he can raise his game with some more minutes.

Not sure if they use him a ton on the PK yet, so I am guessing the mass amount of penalties Ottawa took probably impacted that time. I think going into the third he had five minutes and then that almost doubled with four minutes in the third.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Chalk me up as someone who is disappointed in Regin.

He's healthy, it's his chance to play in his natural position with some skilled wingers, and while he's not actively hurting the team, I'm not seeing a lot of dynamic play.

It's like he's playing to avoid making mistakes.

Turris, Zibanejad and Daugavins have shown what players can do with a little speed and intensity.

If Regin keeps playing, I hope he can snap out of it and realize that this is a huge opportunity for him and he should make the most of it.

Agreed with this; I guess I just don't expect him to be a game breaker. If he can keep the opponents out of our end and eventually chips in offensively, I'll be happy. If he steps up his intensity and starts winning in the face-off circle I'll be ecstatic.

ZenBaja

Oct 16, 2006
Was really impressed with Benoit tonight, I was also impressed with Silfverberg considering he was on a line with Latendresse and Regin.

Agreed. I've tried to watch him every shift this year, and his adjustment is coming along.

Berserker*

Regin didn't have a single "minus" game this season, hopefully production will come.

There are only two players on this roster who don't have a single point, they are Regin and Boroweicki. Boroweicki is a shut down d man so it is to be expected that he likely won't put up many points. What is Regin's excuse? He played on the 2nd line the last two games, he has been given more skilled line mates. The only shots he gets are right in the goalie's chest. He hasn't really created many scoring chances either.

I just don't understand how some fans expect him to start putting up points when he hasn't been creating a lot of scoring chances and playing very average overall. If he was creating a lot of scoring chances it would indicate that he is at least close to lighting it up.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Chalk me up as someone who is disappointed in Regin.

He's healthy, it's his chance to play in his natural position with some skilled wingers, and while he's not actively hurting the team, I'm not seeing a lot of dynamic play.

It's like he's playing to avoid making mistakes.

Turris, Zibanejad and Daugavins have shown what players can do with a little speed and intensity.

If Regin keeps playing, I hope he can snap out of it and realize that this is a huge opportunity for him and he should make the most of it.

Guess I will say it once again, for anyone to expect Regin or Latendresse to look anything close to what they were is pure folly.

For two years these guys haven't played much hockey, it is going to take time for them to regain form.

Regin was doing a solid job on the fourth line, keeping the puck out of the defensive zone, any points would have just been gravy.

Moving him up to the 2nd line may be too much too soon, only a few games will provide the answers.

The one think I did notice last night, Silf skated much better with Regin and Latendresse than with Spezza.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There are only two players on this roster who don't have a single point, they are Regin and Boroweicki. Boroweicki is a shut down d man so it is to be expected that he likely won't put up many points. What is Regin's excuse? He played on the 2nd line the last two games, he has been given more skilled line mates. The only shots he gets are right in the goalie's chest. He hasn't really created many scoring chances either.
It's been 7 games. What's Doughty's and Weber's excuses? There both expected to put up more pts than Regin and have none. How bout Briere, Haggelin, Kreider, Jussi Jokinen? Small sample is small.
I just don't understand how some fans expect him to start putting up points when he hasn't been creating a lot of scoring chances and playing very average overall. If he was creating a lot of scoring chances it would indicate that he is at least close to lighting it up.

Really depends on your expectations. You should not expect Regin to be a consistant offensive threat. If he was, he already be a top 6 guy. If you expect him to pace in the 30-35 range, you can expect slumps. This is just that.

Edit: As Holdurbreathe mentioned, he hasn't played a lot in the last 2 years, some time and reps will improve his play.

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
I was at the game last night, and I gotta say I was really impressed with Methot. Guy was rock solid out there all night. What a trade by Murray. Good luck the rest of the season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
regin's shoulder does not look 100%. he still looks tentative.

i'm not making excuses for the guy. just too bad if true.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
It's funny going through the Habs PGT. They all remind me of scary hockey parents that we all know and love.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
he's been a good, hustling two way forward that doesn't make many mistakes and works hard to counteract whatever mistakes he does make.

That's all I expect from him. Will always be looking for more if we're relying on him to score because he probably won't score enough in that role. And that's fine, good player.

We aren't paying him to score and probably never will
This. Exactly.

He's a good NHL player, but expecting him to be a 60-70 point scorer is not realistic. But he could be a good 3rd line C that you win with. Nothing wrong with that.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Oh right. I forgot the solution is to bring up DD. This will solve all the scoring problems.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
what? so we get good goaltending and now we cant credit the rest of the team who executes the system?!?
Smith Neil Greening line is "an AHL line" ??!? that's weird because i thought they looked like a dominant NHL 3rd line in the same way the 4th line has dominated their counterparts who must be made up of ECHL players i guess.

Turris and Michalek have looked like AHL players?
Methot?
You know what kind of teams wins lots of games? teams where the best players play well.

No offence but that post is Pejorative Slured.

Montreal were missing big pieces as well (Subban and Pac).

If Anderson had to make so many great saves, I guess we were not playing that well. Against MTL, the Michalek, Turris and Alfie line got a total of 2pts (during the PP) in a 5-1 game. It's not that impressive.

Look at our current rosters:

Defense:
Benoit (14), Wiercioch (13) & Borowiecki (6). 3 Defensemans with a total of 33 NHL games

EK and Karlson are playing really well.

Defensemans have been playing really well because they are playing in an excellent system. The forwards are coming back lower in the zone to help the defense

8 Forwards with an average of 99 NHL games experience - barely a over a year:
Smith (159)
Greening (113)
Zbad (11)
condra (114)
Turris (193)
O'Brien (41)
Regin (158)
Silfverberg (7)

Turris is playing well;

Michalek? not so much, yes he's almost a PPG but I'm not seeing him that much during a game.

I don't think Alfie has been playing that well so far.

So which team did we beat so far:

MTL: without Price, Subban and Pac
CAPs: we were dominated 2/3rd of the game.
Florida twice: missing Weiss and Versteeg
Winnipeg: That was a good game.

And lost to
Tampa: bad game and Bishop in the net
Pitts: which already lost to Winnipeg, Islanders and Toronto

Listen, I'm happy we got 11/14 pts so far but there's nothing here to be too impressed beside the system, EK and Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00