Post-Game Talk: Sens 3, Rangers 2 (SO)

Ron Jeremy

Silfverberg is going to score a lot of goals in this league. A lot. He's not only got one of the best shots (backhand, too!) in the league, but he's just such a smart player.

Zibanejad showed some flashes of why he was thought of highly on draft day. Hopefully he can find some consistency instead of doing this once every 7 games.

Alfredsson looked like the Alfie of old tonight. Was everywhere doing everything.

The rest of our team was surprisingly pretty good tonight. Gryba is playing great, Phillips has been surprising me with his play too. Greening and Smitty both looked good.

This team is trending upwards even though they are decimated and everyone has counted them out. I love Ottawa. :)

Well said, man.... well said.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Watch Gryba closer, and you'll see he's full of dumb decisions. Maybe it's inexperience, maybe it's nerves, or maybe he's just not smart enough. I think he'll end up as a journeyman in the NHL at best. Most likely career AHLer.

MacLean doesn't play guys that are making dumb decisions, specially lots of them.

He definitely doesn't play them over 20 minutes a game.

I don't care how close you want to look at Gryba, he definitely isn't making many bad decisions let alone dumb ones.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
MacLean doesn't play guys that are making dumb decisions, specially lots of them.

He definitely doesn't play them over 20 minutes a game.

I don't care how close you want to look at Gryba, he definitely isn't making many bad decisions let alone dumb ones.

MacLean is giving him his opportunity, which is well deserved given the AHL season that he was having. MacLean can also afford to give him this opportunity with all the injuries. I predict people will turn on Gryba pretty quickly as he play more games and minutes.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It's crazy to think Ottawa's only top 50 goal scorer is Karlsson (49). Da depth. Not crazy to think Silfverberg could be the goal leader by ther end of the year.

Last edited:

benr

Mar 7, 2011
I like Silfverberg and all, but it sure would be nice if Turris started scoring some goals again.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
MacLean is giving him his opportunity, which is well deserved given the AHL season that he was having. MacLean can also afford to give him this opportunity with all the injuries. I predict people will turn on Gryba pretty quickly as he play more games and minutes.

I predict you will be wrong. For all the reasons FQL mentioned. If he was a problem, he'd be swapped out with Boro.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

Opportunity yes.

But MacLean cannot afford to play Gryba in the number one pairing just because of injuries, this statement is inane.

As far as your predictions, fans on this board turn on every and any Sens player after each and every loss, so if Gryba had a bad game I would expect nothing less.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
As far as your predictions, fans on this board turn on every and any Sens player after each and every loss, so if Gryba had a bad game I would expect nothing less.

Right, but I'm saying he will have a lot of bad games. Think Gilroy, or Picard.

xking23

Petersson
Jun 22, 2009
Peterborough

I dunno, watching the game last night, Gryba was a rock defensively, his outlet pass was hit and miss but wasn't terrible. His defensive strength outweighs his offensive deficiencies. He may have a bad game, but that will be due to him learning the NHL, not his skill. He isn't made to be a top pairing D, and he shouldn't be playing as one. He is (in my eyes) made for a bottom pairing PK defensive beast who can clear the net. Someone who is capable of playing top 4, and wouldn't be lost, but not a top 4 on every team. Karlsson, Cowen, Wiercioch, Ceci, Gryba, Boroweicki. A solid 6 defensive unit if matured properly.

Also Wiercioch looked really good last night, very calm with the puck, controlled the speed really well I though. Made some good pinches and come good defensive plays. Looking really mature out there, just needs to use his frame a little more.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
it is funny how we're still complaining about players after wins. Especially funny considering the majority of our team is from Bingo.

MacLean is a damn good coach... nothing more to say than that.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Gryba has been very surprising for myself, i was somewhat worried about him but he seems to be playing fine out there all things considered. Also everytime they show him i think of Portman from the bash brothers!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

speaking of gilroy, did you notice he played last night? i didn't realize it until mid way through the game. i guess that's a good sign for gilroy if you don't notice him.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
speaking of gilroy, did you notice he played last night? i didn't realize it until mid way through the game. i guess that's a good sign for gilroy if you don't notice him.

I noticed him, he kept falling as soon as he was touched. Made a couple of passes up to forwards that were covered leading to Ottawa turnovers. He did not have a good game.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
What the Sens are doing is actually ascending to the ultimate form of trolling. We have built on last season's late game heroics and have upped the ante to an entirely new level. This is now a state of being for this team. We are no longer sometimes trolling, we are now one with trolling. We are trolling at a molecular and cellular level. Winning with these lineups? Trolling at it's maximum possible output.

I just wanted to point out how awesome this post is...

Very happy with the win, but have to ask: why no DaCosta in the SO? It's one thing for him to get very little ice time for whatever reason (could be something the coach sees that I don't, that's understandable), but having Smith, Daug and a defenseman ahead of him in the pecking order is puzzling.

I agree, Da Costa should have been sent right after Zibby. I knew K-Daug had a few moves. I saw him scored a great SO goal in Bingo last year. But Zack Smith?? He would've been my 15th pick, just ahead of guys like Methot, Dziurzinsky and Gryba...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Da Costa should have been out there before Zibanejad. He has nice hands and is more experienced as well as more developed in that sense.

Also Alfie isn't the greatest at shootouts but he was having an awesome game last night so I'm not mad that they picked him.

I almost feel like we should win most shootouts when Spezza gets back. Spezza and Silfverberg seem like autos.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Alfie was a monster in shootouts last year. He's one of the first 3 shooters by default.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Alfie was a monster in shootouts last year. He's one of the first 3 shooters by default.

Didn't the statistic show he is shooting something like 30% lifetime in the shootout? I don't remember him scoring often in shootouts tbh.

Also Spezza only has a career score of 40%...weird.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Didn't the statistic show he is shooting something like 30% lifetime in the shootout?

5 for 6 last year though. He and Spezza are our best shootout guys right now. Now add Silfverberg.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Didn't the statistic show he is shooting something like 30% lifetime in the shootout? I don't remember him scoring often in shootouts tbh.

Also Spezza only has a career score of 40%...weird.

I mentioned it because I remember he was money last year. I think Spezza and Alfie are late bloomers in shootouts.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mentioned it because I remember he was money last year. I think Spezza and Alfie are late bloomers in shootouts.

Must be...but looking at the league there are very few players above 50%. Heck, the best shootout guy in the league is Frans Nielsen lol.

ErikKarlsson

The Best (per IOC)
Oct 24, 2009
Ontario, Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: