Post-Game Talk: Sens 3, Rangers 2 (SO)

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I find it amazing how friendly some posters are when their team wins. :naughty: ;)

Cr@p you're wise owl you know the old white on white trick. ;)

I think most fan bases are happy when their team wins. We have so many injuries to key guys it's almost funny. I did say almost! What helps tonight is also finding out that Anderson probably won't be out too long and having a decent goalie like Lehner in reserve makes it bearable. I just hate losing Anderson before we face the Laffs.

*Bob Richards*

That's a credit to you, for sure.

We've started the "I 'aint even mad" mantra up again if we lose, but losing more players at this point is like being set on fire after falling off a cliff into a lake full of sharks.

Had my family not been in my house trying to sleep, I'd probably be reenacting Willem Dafoe's death scene from Platoon because.....well I am in fact mad. :laugh:

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Really like Gryba's game tonight, he's going to be a great shutdown defenceman but his first pass has been impressive as well, he seems to have good vision. I'm a little puzzled why he wasn't up here to begin the season he's played so well.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Really like Gryba's game tonight, he's going to be a great shutdown defenceman but his first pass has been impressive as well, he seems to have good vision. I'm a little puzzled why he wasn't up here to begin the season he's played so well.

He's definitely passed Boro on the depth chart. Very impressed with Gryba.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
What the Sens are doing is actually ascending to the ultimate form of trolling. We have built on last season's late game heroics and have upped the ante to an entirely new level. This is now a state of being for this team. We are no longer sometimes trolling, we are now one with trolling. We are trolling at a molecular and cellular level. Winning with these lineups? Trolling at it's maximum possible output.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Well, we gave up two goals in rapid succession.

Credit goes to Zibanejad for stepping up and making the most of an opportunity.

Our legs got going after that and I thought we held the run of play for the rest of the period and OT.

True 'nough.

I will say that with all these injuries to our top players this is probably the most adversity we've faced under MacLeans tenure. Am impressed he hasn't flipped his **** thus far. Maybe that alone is enough. :dunno:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Good crowd tonight. Got silenced pretty hard after the 2 quick goals by the Rangers, but Zibby gave us life. Silfs goal, was absolutely insane!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
True 'nough.

I will say that with all these injuries to our top players this is probably the most adversity we've faced under MacLeans tenure. Am impressed he hasn't flipped his **** thus far. Maybe that alone is enough. :dunno:

He is remarkably calm.

You're right though, MacLean deserves an enormous amount of credit for taking this stuff in stride.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
enhancedbuzz17188135230.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Silfverberg is going to score a lot of goals in this league. A lot. He's not only got one of the best shots (backhand, too!) in the league, but he's just such a smart player.

Zibanejad showed some flashes of why he was thought of highly on draft day. Hopefully he can find some consistency instead of doing this once every 7 games.

Alfredsson looked like the Alfie of old tonight. Was everywhere doing everything.

The rest of our team was surprisingly pretty good tonight. Gryba is playing great, Phillips has been surprising me with his play too. Greening and Smitty both looked good.

This team is trending upwards even though they are decimated and everyone has counted them out. I love Ottawa. :)

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Good crowd tonight. Got silenced pretty hard after the 2 quick goals by the Rangers, but Zibby gave us life. Silfs goal, was absolutely insane!

That forced goaltending change probably went as bad as it could have. 2 quick goals off lucky bounces to give the Rangers the lead.

I almost stopped watching at the point thinking we were going to go into full meltdown mode and that there would be no way we'd get one back on Lundqvist.

Alfredsson hasn't looked that great so far this season but he showed a ton of heart tonight. That goal-line save was shown a few times but on that same shift he skated back out and blocked another shot.

Alfie really needs some people around him to make stuff happen it seems... he's no longer the player that can make his 2 line-mates WAY better. It was going to happen at some point... oh well.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
I watched alfie a lot tonight.
He has the desire, the amazing stare in his eyes for all to see.
He has lost a step, but not totally.
I was still proud of the way when he had the puck of slowing down the game until players got into position.
A great vision of the ice.
I could see he is not what he was 2 years ago.
yet amazingly I think he could go 2 more years.
It depends on how his body feels, because his mind is still there,
he can out think many of his opponents.
But I will leave that to him to decide when to go.
I think he will know
WOW
I have seen his carreer from start to end, and elite player and I cannot say
much more than that
take care alfie
we all love you

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Not sure whether it was the Rangers, but our transition game looked a lot better. No more free transition just by passing to EK.

Alfie-Turris-Silf is a pretty good line.

John Holmes*

Alfie is 40 years old.

40 Years old.

He can still play, he looks to have a bit left in the tank too. He's valuable, but he's not what he once was. That's life. We all get caught by father time at some point.

I would suggest that you simply enjoy the end of the Alfie years.

He probably has a few left. After 40 though, you never know when the physical grind will catch up, or the mental grind gets you.

Guys like Recchi, Selanne, etc...are few and far between.

So many stars have retired at Alfie's age. The end comes quick when you pass 40.

Think of Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Francis, Mats Sundin, even Wayne or Mario.

Once you hit 40, you're on more than borrowed time.

Maybe Alfie can give us a season or hopefully more, but we are getting into rare territory here.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
Alfie is 40 years old.

40 Years old.

He can still play, he looks to have a bit left in the tank too. He's valuable, but he's not what he once was. That's life. We all get caught by father time at some point.

I would suggest that you simply enjoy the end of the Alfie years.

He probably has a few left. After 40 though, you never know when the physical grind will catch up, or the mental grind gets you.

Guys like Recchi, Selanne, etc...are few and far between.

So many stars have retired at Alfie's age. The end comes quick when you pass 40.

Think of Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Francis, Mats Sundin, even Wayne or Mario.

Once you hit 40, you're on more than borrowed time.

Maybe Alfie can give us a season or hopefully more, but we are getting into rare territory here.

Wow, you just made me feel old. :laugh:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Very happy with the win, but have to ask: why no DaCosta in the SO? It's one thing for him to get very little ice time for whatever reason (could be something the coach sees that I don't, that's understandable), but having Smith, Daug and a defenseman ahead of him in the pecking order is puzzling.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I watched alfie a lot tonight.
He has the desire, the amazing stare in his eyes for all to see.
He has lost a step, but not totally.
I was still proud of the way when he had the puck of slowing down the game until players got into position.
A great vision of the ice.
I could see he is not what he was 2 years ago.
yet amazingly I think he could go 2 more years.
It depends on how his body feels, because his mind is still there,
he can out think many of his opponents.
But I will leave that to him to decide when to go.
I think he will know
WOW
I have seen his carreer from start to end, and elite player and I cannot say
much more than that
take care alfie
we all love you

That was beautiful. :'(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad