Value of: Where does Monahan sign as a Free Agent?

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Seems like a high risk contract. A team with enough cap space to gamble on a bit of overpay will be the winner.

If he's what a GM spends the remainder of their cap space on... dang that wouldn't sit well with the fan base I would guess.

Reactions: harv33173

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't think Montreal brings him back, I recall Hughes alluding to that in one of his dressers if I recall
1715374076738.png

• Haha
Reactions: Chadstudsky

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I think the Sabres should be in on him. They need someone who can win face offs big time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd like Montreal to sign him back but way Newhook closed out season he's future center.

Newhook to me will have a winger/center career like Domi has. Not a full time center but someone you can use at center if required. That's my assessment with Newhook and I bet you it's the reason why Sakic traded him.

I'd easily sign Monahan for 2 years. Maybe 3 depending on AAV. However, I think Monahan signs with a contender this time.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I'd easily sign Monahan for 2 years. Maybe 3 depending on AAV. However, I think Monahan signs with a contender this time.

I really doubt the Canadiens would be dumb enough to do this and I also think it's extremely unlikely a contender would bother him.

Monahan will land on some middle-of-the-pack team. He is absolutely not good enough to be in the top six on a team that is a legit contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad