Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
tumblr_lr2lpvl_UXl1qbdxb9o1_500.jpg

mad mspaint skills

You forgot 40

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Really like Gryba's game tonight, he's going to be a great shutdown defenceman but his first pass has been impressive as well, he seems to have good vision. I'm a little puzzled why he wasn't up here to begin the season he's played so well.

He was signed to league min contract they had no confidence in his nhl potential. Injuries happen ...Hes just prooved them wrong I suppose.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like the New York Post article.

The Rangers lost because they were undermined by injury - Nash was missing for the 2nd straight game.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/shootout_blues_nybwVM2KXwRnlDU5hBhd9M

Ugh...."unpenalized trip from behind by Methot" Seriously? Kreider was falling before he was even touched. Not arguing it was deliberate on Kreiders' part or anything, but it sure as hell wasn't a missed penalty against the Sens. Just a dumb play all-around.

I mean, watching the Rangers last season and this year, they do get the short end of the stick regarding penalties alot - but they're still higher up the NHL totempole than we are.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
What did he say?

He was asked(see TSN video) if he felt sorry for the Sens injuries and he blatantly said, "No" which is not the worst thing in the world but everytime Maclean talks to the media he praises the other teams good effort instead of being an arrogant ****** like Torts. Just my two cents.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He was asked(see TSN video) if he felt sorry for the Sens injuries and he blatantly said, "No" which is not the worst thing in the world but everytime Maclean talks to the media he praises the other teams good effort instead of being an arrogant ****** like Torts. Just my two cents.

lol, they just lost to an AHL team. I doubt he's going to feel sorry for them. That said, the guy does need some serious tranquilizers, or something to even out those mood swings.

Bazel5

Apr 4, 2011
As someone pointed out, our transition game looked much better without relying on EK. Maybe that's why it sucked so much to being with?

Is it possible that over reliance on EK has stifled our creativity with the puck? Besides EK, we were having alot of trouble entering the offensive zone. However, this could all be a coincidence with chemistry looking much better with half a Bingo lineup starting.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Man tortorella is a huge dick, can't wait till he's out of the league.

Coaches like him have a lifespan on a team. They always come in and play the dictator, which works great at first, til the guys in the room suddenly remember they're not children and don't like being yelled at constantly. That style of coaching loses a room quickly and don't be surprised to see Torts shown the door if they continue underperforming. ESPECIALLY now that the Lindy Hop is now in play.

Also: see Hitchcock, Ken

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Also Gryba must have one of the most exciting shooting windups on the team (or whatever its called) if that shot of his from the blue line would have gone in the OT or was it late in the 3rd? Anyways I would have lost it! lol

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Very happy with the win, but have to ask: why no DaCosta in the SO? It's one thing for him to get very little ice time for whatever reason (could be something the coach sees that I don't, that's understandable), but having Smith, Daug and a defenseman ahead of him in the pecking order is puzzling.

DaCosta isn't playing very well and MacLean believes in the reward system, that simple.

Consider who the shooters were, every one of them put out a maximum effort last night.

Win or lose every player on that bench respects how MacLean goes about coaching the team.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
i saw the game live, and i have a couple comments.

i don't know about you guys, but i thought gryba had the weakest game so far. there were a number of mistakes he made that could have cost us. now i'm not saying he played a bad game, just not as good as previously.

silf and alfie are magic together. they work very well together and created most scoring chances for the sens.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
i saw the game live, and i have a couple comments.

i don't know about you guys, but i thought gryba had the weakest game so far. there were a number of mistakes he made that could have cost us. now i'm not saying he played a bad game, just not as good as previously.

silf and alfie are magic together. they work very well together and created most scoring chances for the sens.

I was there as usual and I thought Gryba, Methot, Wiercoich and Phillips played very well. Benoit had difficulty handling the Ranger forecheck at times and Gonchar looked slow and indecisive.

Hopefully it was just an off game for SG.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Watch Gryba closer, and you'll see he's full of dumb decisions. Maybe it's inexperience, maybe it's nerves, or maybe he's just not smart enough. I think he'll end up as a journeyman in the NHL at best. Most likely career AHLer.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
What a shocking group of hockey players. Remember not too long ago when this team had little character, and 0 identity?

Kudos to Stache- and to BM for hiring the right guy.

Definitely kudos to Stache and his staff for the job they are doing with this young group.

Also to Murray and his staff for drafting kids with so much character and potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad