Waived: Senators waive Alex Burrows, Johnny Oduya and Jim O'brien

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Something else about Oduya, his bonuses may complicate a team wanting to claim him. Sure, he only has a $1 million base salary, but whoever acquires him will definitely be responsible for $500k in bonuses at least (for 65 games played and making the playoffs). He has already hit 1 performance bonus, so I believe his cap hit is now $1.25 million. You could end up with $1.25 million in bonus overages for next year if you claim him, and Oduya just flat out isn't worth that.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Uhh, doesn't this mean they're clearing space for the incoming players from a Karlsson trade?

:laugh:
This is Ottawa, we're clearing cap space so Melnyk can save some money. We'll likely get futures for Erik and maybe a decent body that will be cost-controlled, most likely.
Also, end of the O'Brien era in Ottawa. Will be hard to get over, but I'll manage.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
:laugh:
This is Ottawa, we're clearing cap space so Melnyk can save some money. We'll likely get futures for Erik and maybe a decent body that will be cost-controlled, most likely.
Also, end of the O'Brien era in Ottawa. Will be hard to get over, but I'll manage.

After seeing what you guys gave up to barely upgrade from Turris to Duchene, I deeply apologize for the upcoming Karlsson trade...

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Also, end of the O'Brien era in Ottawa.

Actually it's not unless some weirdo actually picked him up. He just signed a two way deal so he has to go through waivers to be eligible to play in the AHL. Same as Goloubef the other day I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00