Waived: Senators waive Alex Burrows, Johnny Oduya and Jim O'brien

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Canucks should be all over Burrows. Trade Vanek and another forward. Pickup Burrows.
Depends if they want that number for next year, because he's pretty close to finished at an NHL player if he isn't already

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Uhh, doesn't this mean they're clearing space for the incoming players from a Karlsson trade?

Or they aren't trading Karlsson, and are hoping that someone picks one of these chumps off of waivers so they can clear salary anyways. Maybe want to give kids some extra time to finish the year. Could be a bunch of explanations

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Willie-Desjardins-and-Jim-Benning.jpg

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I bet they could've got a late pick for Oduya but Melnyk wouldn't retain salary, even though it would only be like 100-200k at this point

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I am happy I am not a Sens fan. 1 year ago your a buyer, make the East finals. Start of this year your make a weird trade to acquire Duchene and not extend Turris for same salary as Duchene....

Then owner complains about arena, team stumbles and now you are going to trade your captain and start tearing down the team.

What a roller coaster of a calendar season in the nations capital I tell ya!!

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I am happy I am not a Sens fan. 1 year ago your a buyer, make the East finals. Start of this year your make a weird trade to acquire Duchene and not extend Turris for same salary as Duchene....

Then owner complains about arena, team stumbles and now you are going to trade your captain and start tearing down the team.

What a roller coaster of a calendar season in the nations capital I tell ya!!
This is coming from a coyotes fan? Lol no team comes close to Arizona in terms of sad franchises. You guys got bailed out by the NHL how many times now?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If the Canucks were ******* smart: they would trade Vanek, Hutton/Edler, and a *** ton more people, and just fill the spots with waiver fodder and prospects while picking up assets. Like holy **** rebuilding the right way isn’t difficult.
It is when you're trying to fool the fan base into believing "rebuilding on the fly" actually works.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad