Senators Uniform and Jersey Concepts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah, gotta second the stripes on the bottom of the red one but other than that those are sharp sweaters!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Like this?

vhaqlw.jpg

gonna stop hijacking now.
Yes, THAT is perfect imo (could go either way on the # colour) and we NEVER should have gone away from that jersey. Such a nice jersey.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
This is a concept i made for Ottawa a while back. I like them more. Not because they're very good. It's because yours... arn't.

Home
dm73v6.jpg

Away
23tsche.jpg

Third
314pfde.jpg

I like these jerseys a lot more than the OP's link.

That said, change the 2D on the black jersey to the 3D, and like another poster requested/you provided, drop the black shoulder on the white jersey.

Other than that, make sure all the letters/numbers are the right colours (on the black jersey) ;)

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
I like these jerseys a lot more than the OP's link.

That said, change the 2D on the black jersey to the 3D, and like another poster requested/you provided, drop the black shoulder on the white jersey.

Other than that, make sure all the letters/numbers are the right colours (on the black jersey) ;)

fixed som of it in my original post.

adamgibs88 said:
Last I heard this is what the new jersey redesign looks like

Wow, where did you fint that jersey? Most beautiful thing i have ever laid my eyes on.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I heard confirmation that the OP's photo's will be our anniversary sweaters for next year.

SIKE.
edit: Well editing the big space ruins the whole aspect of sike and sike rules put forth.

Last edited:

Dancevic *

My Ottawa Senators Jersey Design Concepts

Hi, everyone. We're all aware the Senators have never exactly had the kind of classic, timeless jersey designs that such teams as the Red Wings, Blackhawks, Maple Leafs, Canucks, Oilers and Flames have had throughout the years. I decided to do a quick jersey redesign with hopes that the public will support a more traditional, "retro" look that draws upon the team's history while also being refreshingly new. Hopefully you'll enjoy these concepts.

sens_white_concept.jpg

sens_dark_concept.jpg

sens_third_concept.jpg

I wanted to incorporate elements of the pre-Edge Senators jerseys with the Jacob Barrette concept to form a familiar, yet "retro" look for the team. There are horizontal stripes across the torso similar to the ones in Barrette's design, and I've kept the striping fairly simple to give it the clean, classic look that most of the Canadian teams' jerseys have.

The home jersey (the red) looks a bit like the home jersey the Senators wore before the RBK switch but replaces the swirly horizontal line with more conventional striping. The away jersey is a color swap of the home jersey. Notice how the white in the stripe wraps around the logo (and how I've added the spiky "rear" part of the helmet back to the logo -- it had been removed from the back of the helmet in the logo redesign, for some reason).

t_37108.jpg

image.php

The black alternate omits the white striping to hark back to the dark uniforms the Senators wore when they first re-entered the league in 1992.

Peter-Sidorkiewicz-Ottawa-Senators.jpg

Milan the God*

I like the red one the best out of those. I wish they'd use the 2D logo they used to use on them, though.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
-I despise the new 2d logo, old 2d logo was awesome.

-The Sleeves on our "Swirl" were awesome and the old black jersey with the two red bands were amazing.

-The chest bands you have on your designs need to be bigger, IMO they would then look nicer.

Just my 2 cents.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I'm not a fan of the new 2D logo, and I don't think your modification can salvage my opinion of it.

As for the jerseys themselves, I'm not a fan of the stripe through the chest like that. I just think that the barberpole should be kept to a single, third/heritage jersey, and not dominate a jersey set. The sleeve striping is good. I would change the black jersey, however, so the white doesn't occupy the bottom of the jersey... I think it'd look out of place against black pants, and instead a solid white stripe would look nicer.

That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:

jamwires

Sep 22, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Here's a concept I came across on Icethetics that someone did. Looks like a tip of the hat to JS's design. Dig the off-white.

0306-texfischer-ott.png

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
It's funny how people on the internet can come up with much nicer jersey concepts than people who actually get paid to do that.

Jerk Store*

Here's my concept. Based off the pre-RBK 3rds.

kawCP.jpg

Not a bad attempt. If I may suggest a few things:

1. The chest logo and shoulder patches should be smaller.
2. I would try getting rid of the thin white line, perhaps going from black straight to the gold trim then the red.
3. Make the red portion at the bottom of the jersey more prominent.

Also, and this is just my opinion, I prefer straight lines at the bottom of the EDGE jerseys as opposed to trying to follow the curves at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad