Confirmed with Link: Senators sign Anthony Duclair (1 year, $1.65 million)

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anyone willing to bet that Dorion will smugly mention that they got another draft pick today?

"I liked Erik Karlsson, but you fans have to learn to move on. Go and get a new girlfriend. That 2021 2nd round pick I acquired today is my new girlfriend."

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
"I liked Erik Karlsson, but you fans have to learn to move on. Go and get a new girlfriend. That 2021 2nd round pick I acquired today is my new girlfriend."
Dont know about you ,but with all the new GF,s we have had to get...Iam really starting to worry about me becoming a "man whore" rather than just a fan

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Only took a few minutes.
Shocked that it was mentioned once again.

Time to gloat about the returns of his trades, but mostly the EK trade.

Such a weird press conference. Strange coincidence that Dorion makes his media rounds the same day Karlsson re-signs in San Jose.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Great deal. Another example of Dorion creating something out of nothing. The best GM to have under someone like Melnyk.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I like it.

He adds some flash and dash to make games exciting but still bad enough defensively that his offensive contribution can be nullified.

That said, if he puts up decent numbers and show signs of being capable of playing on the defensive side then maybe we sign him for a few years and he grows with the rest of the young guys.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I like it. he knows he’s looking at playing himself out of the league, hopefully he’ll get it together.

It could be a really good fit for both sides.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I’m fine with this contract. A one-year deal puts pressure on the kid to show that he belongs.

Runback

Jul 26, 2014
Seems like a good deal. I think one year ensures he keeps working to establish himself. Never hurts to obtain another 2nd rounder with the Sharks inking a declining Karlsson also. Pretty good day.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Only $12.815m to hit the floors now fellas.

Colin White 2 years 2M
Brian Gibbons 2 years 1.25M
Cody Ceci (at least) 4.35M
Jason Spezza 1 year 2M (35+ performance bonuses that he'll probably not hit)

That's 9.55M. Add in 3 other skaters at 800k to fill out the roster and we're about 1 million away from the floor.

Keep in mind, those are just wild guesses. Even if someone thinks White will get 2.5 or Gibbons 1.1, it's close enough to illustrate the point that we're basically at the floor now with our rumoured extensions/signings accounted for.

Add in an LTIR contract like David Clarkson, and we're basically set.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If he isnt in the 3 year plan then do just 1 year and flip at the deadline.
I think this "show me" contract will determine what Ottawa really has. If he continues as he played last year then certainly will be part of the long term plan. Hopefully he has figure it out, because he could be a Marty St. Louis type of player (not HHOFer) who was discarded many times, and finally gets it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad