GDT: Senators @ Red Wings | Nov. 24 | 7:30PM EST | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Agreed.

Best bet was to have him absolutely dominate junior offensively this year, and then bring that extra confidence with him to the NHL next season.

As it stands right now, I don't think Lazar is going to develop that offensive game in the NHL. He's going to be a valuable player for us on the defensive side of things, but I don't see him doing anything offensively.

I can see him playing for Canada and being sent back after. Let him work towards another Memorial Cup, score a ton, and solidify his new skills.

We have the centre depth to cover for this. Zibanejad can work with Hoffman and Stone.

I'd consider it if I were making the decision.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Raymond, Jussi Jokinen, Grabovksi, Da Costa, Roy, Ribeiro

We were NOT bringing Ribeiro to Ottawa. Roy is a depth player at this stage. Raymond is a fill in.

Jokinen is a nice option.

Only player I wish we had treated differently was Da Costa, but that's already been gone over 10 times this season.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Don't want any part of Roy or Ribeiro. I'd prefer to have Legwand and Michalek over them.

SDC was my preference before the signing of Legwand, and after the signing. He would have been a perfect 3C. The loss of skill due to Spezza leaving would have been mitigated to a certain degree with SDC in our lineup.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Effort was the problem. We got outworked all game. No goalie to bail us out this game.

Legwand was making some Spezza-like efforts.

Wiercioch could be good if he wasn't slow. The skills there.

Wiercioch is good and imo was our 2nd best dman last night....Yes, he is slow to get going but once he does his speed is ok, he just needs time to adjust to the game. Very hard to get going when you play 2 games and then sit for 5. Watching the game, you can see that the forwards appreciate getting a tape to tape pass every once in a while.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Boy, is Curtis Lazar ever struggling. That was the worst game he has played here to date - he looked absolutely awful on one of the Wings goals, and I'm not sure he won a puck battle all night. I know the kid is just coming off an injury, but a healthy Greening or Condra would have contributed more last night. All part of being a 19 year old rookie, but it was tough to watch...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That terrible fast little league rebound Andy allowed for the goal was the difference.

Not even close he was the only reason it wasn't a blow out.

That was a 8-3 game if it weren't for him. Did everyone miss the 25 to 3 shot differential over 20 minutes?

I don't buy the 'only showed up for 20 minutes' this is a bad team. They get outplayed every game, that's it that's all. I assure you I am not trying to be negative its simple they aren't very good. The amount of missed passes for an NHL team is outstanding. Blowing the zone early no battle or will to compete, especially in the faceoff circle in the defensive zone.

Lazar was the only centerman that won draws in his own end and won puck battles. That's a fairly large sign this team needs help. A 19 year old should not bet the best defensive centerman on the team.

Last edited:

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
I'm re-watching the game on TSN right and man did the Wiercioch - Karlsson pairing ever have a strong third period. I don't understand why people don't want to see more of that, or just more of Wier in general.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm re-watching the game on TSN right and man did the Wiercioch - Karlsson pairing ever have a strong third period. I don't understand why people don't want to see more of that, or just more of Wier in general.

Yip. He was solid all game I thought. Slow, but solid.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yip. He was solid all game I thought. Slow, but solid.

Yeah, I'd like to see him with Karlsson until Methot gets back. Push Boro/Phillips back to the third pair.

They may not be the best tandem defensively, but they should spend less time in their end and actually produce offensively. Putting Wier with Gryba and Karlsson with Boro handcuffs both pairs.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
For me 3 things killed us this game.

1) Penalties
2) Penalty Kill
3) Face offs

The thing is that they are all related to each other. The less penalties, the less penalty kill, the better face offs the easier to kill the penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad