jc4hJiu.jpg
jac8Rwx.jpg

zA59I4w.jpg
Sxqs5TP.jpg

dZeaHE0.jpg
ozGDJC7.jpg

7NFMkys.jpg
sN5g2GJ.jpg

Sorry for the delay on this one... snuck up on me.

Go Sens Go!

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Is Borowiecki the worst first pairing defenceman in the NHL?

Yes, yes he is.

God I miss Methot..

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I joked that we don't have a quality dman over 25 on our team.

Crazy how every rumour we hear is us looking for a forward.

Given how boro, gryba and ceci have progressed that defense doesn't look half bad with a healthy methot at the top and a healthy phillips to round it out.

Scoring goals has been their biggest problem this season. I think the high shots against numbers are more or less a result of the offense having a hard time putting extended pressure on the opposition.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
It's certanly true we need better dmen.

Boro's given us a **** load more than he's supposed to this season. Nice player. But will probably top out as #4 at best. Looks good on him though

Don't get me wrong, I love Boro and he's a true warrior. Though he is a third pairing defenceman, not first. Would probably not make the lineup in any other team.

Wonder how far away Methot is from returning.

BigBush*

Don't get me wrong, I love Boro and he's a true warrior. Though he is a third pairing defenceman, not first. Would probably not make the lineup in any other team.

Boro would crack the line up and be a bottom pairing defenseman on a lot of teams

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Is he even skating regularly yet?
The steps basically are:
Skating
Cleared for non-contact practice
Cleared for contact practice
Assigned to AHL for conditioning stint
Waive/assign someone to the AHL
Activate him.

edit:
Found this on rotoworld:
Assistant GM Pierre Dorion said Methot was listed as "day-to-day" and his return to the lineup will probably come once his conditioning improves. There's a chance that he could go to the minors first to get a game or two under his belt. Methot hasn't played in the regular season yet because of a backside injury. Nov 18 - 9:22 AM

So I'd say he's still a ways off really.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
if we have less than 80% missed shots we will have a chance

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I'd rather put 50 shots into Howard's crest. Out of those 50 a couple he will drop we will get a good bounce. That's how this team is going to score goals this year. Not everyone trying to snipe it top shelf from the circles.

We don't enough skill to play like the Pens or the Blackhawks, we need to grind out victories like we did during the lockout and the year before that. I haven't seen that team in 2 years now. Still waiting for it to come back.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Icelevel
i see one good scoring line. would have predicted a relatively easy W. not making any predictions now.

Vesa
i dont think boro will survive the giveaway machine that is karl

bert
Legwand has done the opposite of grow on me, he really doesn't do anything out there nor does he try to.

Ah come on fellas, lighten up.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Is zibby really playing left wing :(

I guess Smith will stay centre for awhile with Lazar back. Facoffs might be better for us but Zibby might look out of place.

BigBush*

Just browsed through the teams and I'm curious. Can you name these (a lot) teams where he'd have a spot? :)

Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Edmonton, Dallas, Winnipeg, Philidelphia.
sure theres more thats just off the top of my head, not sure why you don't think he's an nhl caliber defensmen, management gave him a 3 year extension for a reason...

edit: oh wait your one of the posters who spends most of his time crapping on the player, makes sense now

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Is zibby really playing left wing :(

I guess Smith will stay centre for awhile with Lazar back.

Hadn't noticed this...

So....just when Zibanejad is starting to come around, he's thrown off the center position to flank Legwand?

I think it's time to really start to question whether Mcstasche is qualified to run this team going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad