Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Slats will find somebody who wants those 4line center skills, face offs, shotblocking and size. he has a value, not sure what we need to add to get somebody who can pot 15 goals and is tough as nails on the lw.

we need some of this

sather-magician-300x235.jpg

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I was trying to not post in the GDTs after our losing streak, so I wanna put my thoughts down here...

I thought it was right to start Hank (even though he does need his rest. See below). Gotta go with the hot hand, especially with a team missing their top offensive threats.
I agree with everyone that's been talking about the lines tonight, regardless if they got 2 goals...
Stepan should've been with Nash.
I haven't been sold on J.T yet before this game, but Miller should be paired with more offensive power than Powe and Pyatt. He's looking much better lately.
Hamrlik should not have been signed... Yes, in the defensive zone, he looks decent, but on any rush, he looks like crap. From all the times I've seen this, he hasn't dropped down to block any pass across the slot, thus leaving all options open.
Biron should start on Sunday. The Caps have an early game on Saturday which should tire them out (somewhat) before the early game Sunday.

Anyway, I'm probably too buzzed to post this, but this team has me so frustrated, I needed to get my thoughts out somewhere. Thanks. Have a nice night, everyone.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I was trying to not post in the GDTs after our losing streak, so I wanna put my thoughts down here...

I thought it was right to start Hank (even though he does need his rest. See below). Gotta go with the hot hand, especially with a team missing their top offensive threats.
I agree with everyone that's been talking about the lines tonight, regardless if they got 2 goals...
Stepan should've been with Nash.
I haven't been sold on J.T yet before this game, but Miller should be paired with more offensive power than Powe and Pyatt. He's looking much better lately.
Hamrlik should not have been signed... Yes, in the defensive zone, he looks decent, but on any rush, he looks like crap. From all the times I've seen this, he hasn't dropped down to block any pass across the slot, thus leaving all options open.
Biron should start on Sunday. The Caps have an early game on Saturday which should tire them out (somewhat) before the early game Sunday.

Anyway, I'm probably too buzzed to post this, but this team has me so frustrated, I needed to get my thoughts out somewhere. Thanks. Have a nice night, everyone.

agree with most of this, the bolded however i do not. i honestly think hamr has been decent for a guy who really hasnt played since we eliminated him in the playoffs last year. im willing to give him a few games before i start to judge. i think we need hank vs washington. i just dont know if we can trust biron against the caps. would rather have given biron this game but too late for that so i think he will start against buffalo.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
While I don't remember many, if more than 1 game we can blame on Hank, I do find myself saying "Man, there's nothing Lundqvist can do there" alot more than I'm used to.

I think it's the defense under performing.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
agree with most of this, the bolded however i do not. i honestly think hamr has been decent for a guy who really hasnt played since we eliminated him in the playoffs last year. im willing to give him a few games before i start to judge. i think we need hank vs washington. i just dont know if we can trust biron against the caps. would rather have given biron this game but too late for that so i think he will start against buffalo.

Hamr has definitely been decent, but if we're going to bring in a new D-man, why not someone from CT? I feel like they'd have the same/more to offer than him. Obviously, he's slow, but besides that, I've seen too many lazy plays from him in a short period of time. And while we can't fully understand Torts, I think he saw some of that too this game, by giving him minimal minutes in the third.

Also, I think we all would prefer Hank over Marty for any game, but I think an (early) away game would be better for Marty after all the games Hank has played lately. Plus, hopefully the Caps got all their offense out of them with the Florida game and by playing 12 hours from now on the road.

Apr 10, 2012
you guys are too serious.

obviously nash/cally/henrik(for the most part)/richards/gaborik/stepan/miller/halpern(always) all had good shifts in the game, but for a fourth liner haley his job.

obviously not the 'best' player on the ice, but he was effective at what he did for what he is.

Last edited:

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Yep hank is god drink the kool aid .. Come on man the guy blew the last goal

Hank makes 36 out of 39 saves, and gives up the game winner when Del Zotto misses his coverage, and we're "Drinking the Kool Aid". Right

Sorry, haven't you been praising Stu Bickel? The guy who I'm now convinced is ACTUALLY the least useful player in the nhl?

Last edited:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Yep hank is god drink the kool aid .. Come on man the guy blew the last goal

Ya know, I have to agree with you. I've spent many years in the blue paint and that point shot is gloved and whistled 99% of the time with any other goalie, or blocked with the body and smothered with the mitts. I know he's one of the best in the league but a spade a spade - he misplayed that one. But I also think he should of had tonight off, definitely.

Go get em Sunday fellas.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
Silfverberg is turning into quite the Ranger killer. First a SHG on a breakaway, then a GW goal after giving Hank a snow shower. If I was Haley/Bickel, I would have taken his head off after the shower. He felt confident after that and look what happened. Nobody is afraid to give Hank an extra wack or two or a snow shower. Dubinsky and Prust would never let that happen. We need some third line grit back. Miller is learning defensive coverage, and Pyatt is too slow to catch anyone out there.

Slats, work your magic.

Dorado*

MDZ pots that one timer instead of hits post
Step buries either feed in front .
Besides being tired in third NYR a thallus played a fairly spirited and energetic game with some good things happening .
The PP sucked . Overall as I didn't like the line combos if the execution was there we win this game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad