Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Remember that time I said we were far too dependent on Rick Nash?

I gave us too much credit. We got a goal from him and still couldn't win.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Slow the mother ****ing game down. Slow the motehr ****ing game down. Why doesn't the ****ing coach understand this? I've been saying to slow the mother ****ing game down since the first period. jesus Christ. Slow the mother ****ing game down. almost 20 shots against? why are we playing this game with Marc Staal out?

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Nash showed up.

Hopefully Richards keeps it up and gained some confidence.

Defense...****...

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Ran out of gas. That third period was an embarrassment.

Need to put it behind us quickly because we need at least 5 points on the road trip

wr50l

Nov 5, 2011
3 games in 4 nights, coming at the end of a run of close victories. We outplayed them for the most part, then got tired as you might expect. I still have my reservations about this team but I take very little information from a result in this situation.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
It's a shame not to have a fourth line you can trust to put out there for a couple of minutes in the 3rd period of your 3rd game in 4 nights.

The team looked absolutely gassed.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Overall, I have no complaints about the way they played.

However, I think the word is out that as a team you can take liberties with the Rangers, enough to give you an edge.
Every edge is maxed out at this level.

I find the Rangers need more snarl. Seriously.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Should've won. Need to take care of depleted teams like that. Rangers allowed themselves to get bullied in the third, and it took the momentum away. All starting with that two-handed tomahawk on Gaborik.

No idea why Torts broke up Hags - Step - Nash.

Feel for Henry tonight, dude did everything he could.

Put Boyle back in, and get Bickel the **** out of there.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The Rangers were dead tired and ran into a rested, fast team that has won forfty million in a row at the Garden.

Losing is a part of the game, but you wouldn't know that reading these boards.

Get rest and play better in the next game.

Sometimes you play well enough to win and still lose.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Joke.

Sens deserved the win, Rangers just stopped playing.

What the **** is wrong with Torts? This is what I was talking about his Pejorative Slured line changes and inability to adapt. He still hasn't been able to figure out how to beat this ****ing Sens team, and they are missing their 3 best players. Why did he change the lines after a 4 game winning streak? For the sake of Richards? God, pathetic.

What a dumb way to end a great streak.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
No idea why we started Hank tonight. The second goal was horrible and he was clearly tired out there. Biron should've started. No excuse for that, Torts.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Ran out of gas. That third period was an embarrassment.

Need to put it behind us quickly because we need at least 5 points on the road trip

No. The coach needs to understand to slow the mother ****ing down when we're playing the 4th in 6 games and the 3rd period of over 5 periods of hockey in the last 24 hours.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Not the end of the world, but a set back. Torts has to play the hot hand. Its painfully obvious that both Step/Nash and Cally/Miller have chemistry. You keep those players together. He doesn't, so we looked lost in the game.

Nash could barely get the puck most of the night because Richards was giving no support to Hags. Cally was being forced to set up plays(something he is not that great at) with Step Gabs.

Cally needs a straight ahead player to play with. Miller is exactly that guy..

Also Torts shortening his blueline made zero sense...

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Tortorella, once again, was thoroughly outcoached by Paul MacLean.

Seems to be the story every time we play Ottawa. The whole game turned around when he decided to start the 4th line, with Bickel no less, on a defensive zone faceoff. They couldn't get posession, Bickel turned it over in the NZ, and Ottawa proceeded to dominate us for the rest of the game. Also, the D-zone structure needed adjusting. Ottawa exploited it perfectly.

TORTS! YOU CAN'T PLAY THE SAME WAY EVERY SECOND OF EVERY GAME! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!

EDIT: This loss has really gotten to me...the frustrations I have with this team were magnified and put on display tonight.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
looked

like a tired team 8 to 10 minutes left in the third. quick question. what the ***k is torts doing sitting the dmen??? if he think hammer wasn't conditioned enough he at least has to send out bickel for a shift or 2 to eat some minutes???Wtf is the point of having bickel on 4th line if he doesn't use that option?? i don't blame the rangers this one was coaching. McD looked gassed! all of them did. Would have stung less to come out of this with at least a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00