Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Rangers

Vickers8

Defense- hurry back Marc, too bad Girardi and McD can't play 60 minutes, Delzaster is regressing...

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
It was a mistake to sit BB. He might be no value offensively, but we needed him to defend at the end. Ottawa plays exact Torts system, they wanted it more coming out of 4 losses. Defense and saving a point was our only hope at the end.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I was actually flabbergasted that Stu Bickel was playing over Boyle last night. I refuse to believe Brian Boyle on 4th line wing can be any worse than Stu 'The Traffic Cone' Bickel

Faxius

Dec 28, 2006
I was actually flabbergasted that Stu Bickel was playing over Boyle last night. I refuse to believe Brian Boyle on 4th line wing can be any worse than Stu 'The Traffic Cone' Bickel

Boyle got scratched to get him to try harder the rest of the season, not because he is worse than Bickel (Which he isn't)

Apr 10, 2012

don't think bickel has been playing poorly as a forward and he brings the tough guy aspect that boyle doesn't

bickel also brings some consistency in that his is consistently bad, not good for a few shifts then out of nowhere turning the puck over for the rest of the game, unable to protect

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Rangers played well enough to win imo, tough start, lost their legs halfway through the third.

Its a loss. No reason to put blame on anyone. Steps chances in front were great ones, because hes there. The fact that he continues to get those chances is a great sign. Robbed on one of them, elevated shot, did everything right.

4 out of the last 5.

Reset, restart.

Move on.

truebluegoalie

Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Ya know, I have to agree with you. I've spent many years in the blue paint and that point shot is gloved and whistled 99% of the time with any other goalie, or blocked with the body and smothered with the mitts. I know he's one of the best in the league but a spade a spade - he misplayed that one. But I also think he should of had tonight off, definitely.

I have played goal for a long time too and to me it seemed like that was one of those hard rising shots that just hits you right in the chest/shoulder area, tough to catch those sometimes. Might have to watch it again though to see how high it is.

Either way, the point shot shouldn't have happened and the D should have had their man.

I think the blame on lundqvist (not necessarily from you) is a little much, but typical around here.

On another note that charging penalty on Haley was garbage. It is a perfect example of one reason why I don't like the two ref system. The ref down low is looking right at the play, five feet away, and doesn't make a call but the ref out at center ice does? Nonsense.

Also not a fan at all of Bickel still playing, I mean really, Boyle hasn't been much better but what kind of toughness does Bickel bring? He didn't do anything except jaw at someone last night. It is beyond ridiculous now. Don't think it would have made a difference, just sick of seeing him out there.

Anyway, four in a row isn't bad, hoping for a solid win in DC tomorrow, would really help me out living in Caps territory.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Damn, looking at the last 2 goals. We should have won 2-1. Lundqvist has been good this year, but he's not been Lundqvist. At least the Lundqvist of last year. I guess he played over his head last year.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
You know, I usually read through other teams' Post-Game threads (win or lose) to get people's perspectives. Gotta say, it's so nice to have knowledgeable and clearly passionate fans around. That 7-game series we played last spring was HF gold.

Anyway, ggs.

Dorado*

The whole Boyle sucks meme at least shows me what posters not to take seriously on this board. You guys are branding yourselves for the rest of us.

while you are throwing stones , id say anyone with a Marilyn Manson avatar shouldnt be either

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Damn, looking at the last 2 goals. We should have won 2-1. Lundqvist has been good this year, but he's not been Lundqvist. At least the Lundqvist of last year. I guess he played over his head last year.

Lundqvist was simply tired yesterday. Pretty easy to say, if you ask me. He never should've gotten the start. He was tired and didn't play well. That's on Torts.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Is anyone's 5th most hated team officially the Senators?

1. Devils
2. Flyers
3. Islanders
4. Penguins
5. Senators

.... this is pretty set in stone.

Last edited:

Kershaw

1. Devils
2. Flyers
3. Islanders
4. Penguins
5. Senators

Meh, Sens are alright. Their fanbase is very knowledgeable and not over the top Ranger like the others. I'd slot in Montreal in their spot.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I'm so tired of Neil's pushing-the-envelope of late hits and running people being ok and no one making him answer. Albeit you'd need a tough customer to tangle with him, and also, you'd need Torts to send said roster player out there to play too.

I would only be happy if Neil was in Ranger blue if this can't happen because he has proven he never gets called for anything.

But until then I just want to see him get his clock absolutely cleaned. The only thing I got from recent years is Del Zotto giving him a taste of his own last year and Neil actually getting pissed about it. That was awesome.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

1. Devils
2. Flyers
3. Islanders
4. Penguins
5. Senators

not even close for me

devils
penguins
isles
caps
habs