Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017, part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Will Brown make Team USA for the world juniors?

I know he has been hurt.

Also, Colin White must also be playing, no?

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Also,

Dahlen for team Sweden?

Chlapik for Czech Republic?

Jaros for Slovakia?

Nurmi for finland?

Anyone else?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Will Brown make Team USA for the world juniors?

I know he has been hurt.

Also, Colin White must also be playing, no?

Also,

Dahlen for team Sweden?

Chlapik for Czech Republic?

Jaros for Slovakia?

Nurmi for finland?

Anyone else?

White for sure

Brown is a candidate but not a lock

Dahlen for sure

Chlapik for sure

Nurmi is a candidate, not a lock

Chabot for sure

Jaros is too old

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
White might also be Team USA captain. he was an assistant last year.

I hope he shine there. I think he's not a WOW player. But he's effective everywhere is going to be put.

But sincerely, White is seen as a potential #2 center, because he fit the bill. #2 center who shut down top opposition line. But IMO, he has potential to be a threat on both side. If he stay healthy.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
White might also be Team USA captain. he was an assistant last year.

I hope he shine there. I think he's not a WOW player. But he's effective everywhere is going to be put.

But sincerely, White is seen as a potential #2 center, because he fit the bill. #2 center who shut down top opposition line. But IMO, he has potential to be a threat on both side. If he stay healthy.

Potentially a #2 centre in a few yrs in the NHL, I doubt he is going to take Brassard, Turris or Pageau's spot next season or anytime soon. It's much more likely that he starts on the wing & IMO in Belleville for at least a season to learn the pro game unless he has a pretty impressive training camp.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
You guys are going to love Jaros when he gets to NA. Speed, size, skill, plays physical and actives offensively all the time. He's got every tool to become a NHL d-man.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
You guys is going to love Jaros when he gets to NA. Speed, size, skill, plays physical and actives offensively all the time. He's got every tool to become a NHL d-man.

Cool, but this is based on? Do you watch him live?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Really?

I'd be lying if I said I had a good read on Jaros, but I can't see him (or really any D prospects) being similar to Subban stylistically.

I've yet to see any highlight reels of Jaros doing frequent pirouettes to evade the opposition :sarcasm:

Size,power,speed,physicality,puck rusher,cocky,and he might not have the patent spinoramas but he's got the reverse butt checks down.

That's how I would describe Jaros' game.Which sounds an awful lot like a description of Subban's.

It's really encouraging the gains he has made in his skating and offensive game.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Size,power,speed,physicality,puck rusher,cocky,and he might not have the patent spinoramas but he's got the reverse butt checks down.

That's how I would describe Jaros' game.Which sounds an awful lot like a description of Subban's.

It's really encouraging the gains he has made in his skating and offensive game.

Don't think Jaros is good with the puck like PK. I also thought it was a weird comparison. I think he's closer to Methot than PK.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Don't think Jaros is good with the puck like PK. I also thought it was a weird comparison. I think he's closer to Methot than PK.

Not as good as Subban ofc, few are. But Jaros has good hands and offensive instincts ,he's the PP QB of his mens team at 20 and routinely makes rushes into the offensive zone.

He just tried a 3 zone soccer lob pass to a forward which went for icing, but you can see that he doesn't think of himself as a shutdown D.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not as good as Subban ofc, few are. But Jaros has good hands and offensive instincts ,he's the PP QB of his mens team at 20 and routinely makes rushes into the offensive zone.

He just tried a 3 zone soccer lob pass to a forward which went for icing, but you can see that he doesn't think of himself as a shutdown D.

I was just poking fun, I really haven't seen enough of him to really comment on his stylistic parallels, but I will say he's probably my favourite darkhorse prospect from watching him at training camp and such. Really hoping he comes over next year, and plays in Bingo Belleville (or better yet, cracks the Ottawa squad if deserving)

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009

Wow, thanks for making these. Is this going to be White's 3rd year at the WJs?

All this hype when he was drafter 3 years ago and it's gone stale for me since he hasn't seemed to have improved statistically that much. Hard to gauge though when he went from the US system, to the NCAA, and WJC doesn't really allow a large enough sample size to look at progress/development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad