Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Penguins. Dec. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
See Letang push Turris and Dzingel instead of skating aside ? I dislike Pittsburgh for so many little reasons

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Picked up the pace after a rough start, got to tighten up on defense but we're looking fine now

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yea, this is great, now start cheering for your team & stop crying about how damn fast the stinking Pens are. :nod:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, the GDT got closed but I had a multi-quotes written, so I am posting it here... Some interesting stuff I would like to get answers on.

That was Phaneuf.

lol what are you talking about? How did Phaneuf get walked on a 2 on 1?

That goal was on Phaneuf. Phaneuf made a terrible breakout pass to Kelly that caused all that.

lol what are you talking about? Pyatt was fighting for the puck alone the boards in the offensive zone, then Karlsson and Kelly were doing nothing to prevent a 2 on 1

The reason Boro is on the ice against Crosby is because the Pens have home change and have obvious incentive to match their best players against our worst players. Seems like this is a necessary announcement

:laugh: You are on HF though

Imagine we use that 10M cap hit difference to improve our team

Actually, with the current injuries we have 24 Millions in cap space! :laugh: :help:

Exactly. That's what i don't get . . . people want him to fail to validate their opinions of him. Every time he makes a mistake they get to scream from the rooftops about how right there were about his alleged awfullness.

HF in a vaccum

Anyone blaming Anderson needs to watch more hockey.

I don't think you understand the goaltending position if you try to defend Andy for that game. He was completely off.

Lazar is the most least aware player in the ice.

Cross-checked in the back of the head... Wait... Were you serious here? Please let people know it was some kind of joke :laugh:

Phaneuf in the slot makes a lot more sense than EK.

Changes the entire complexity of the PP. I don't think a NHL PP can be effective long term without somebody creating havoc in front of the net. If you don't have that guy, you are playing on the perimeter and then rely on perfect shots.

Matt Murray is on a different level than Condon. They started their backup the sens started the starter and they have been peppering Anderson they have 33 shots in 40 minutes many of the high quality variety.

Yet the HDSCF were 17-17 (not all were shots on net) at the end of the game. This game was VERY CLOSE.

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/tea...7&stype=2&sit=all&score=all&gpf=c&gp=1&rate=n

46 shots against? 46?????

What the ****?

lol it happens regularly in the NHL. Mike Smith had 60 saves the other IIRC. How long have you been following the NHL?

The Penguins, winner of the last Stanley Cup gave up over 40 shots already 3 times this year.

At the end of the day, we played the defending champs without Methot or Ryan and down a forward in-game, our starting goalie had an off-night, and we were still within a post of tying it 6-6.

This. Claesson was also out (as well as MacArthur). I think the actual injuries are a bit too much for the Sens depth.

Boro isn't all that good, but he is clearly a whipping boy, these are not mutually exclusive.

Goal 6 being very obvious evidence to that fact.

So much this... It's pretty evident who the whipping boys are every season for the yapping crowd. I blame Boro for the 1st goal against and the penalty he took. He was of course outmatched the whole game but not much he could do as we lack the depth right now. Karlsson, Stone and Turris also made really bad plays which resulted in a goal against. Yes, they do a lot of great stuff but they are our best players, not Mark freaking Borowiecki :laugh:

It's Dorians fault for going into the season without fixing the glaring issue, which was nobody able to play top 4 minutes when we inevitably lose Methot. Anyone with a brain could have saw we were an injury away from playing a 6/7/AHLer in a top 4 role.

I agree but $$$

2 biggest needs (outside of true #1 Center of course) are a great 2nd/3rd liner that can help out (or a healthy MacArthur back) and a great #5 D-man who can strengthen the top-4 if needed (would have liked Seidenberg)

We need a number 3:4

So you're saying that 2 of Karlsson, Phaneuf, Ceci and Methot are not top-4 material?

Sorry. The Malkin breakaway.

No wait. I want to blame him for goal six too. Which was that? Doesn't matter it was boros fault. He's the worst hopping boy. So even if he wasn't on the ice. I truly believe it was his fault.

(I think this is how the whipping boy whiners actually imagine us).

Actually, it's pretty close to your usual posts :laugh:

If only your posting was as good as Boro is at hockey :sarcasm:

I find it seriously mind boggling at times. Not much substance, just pure useless whining.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Fair assessment Xspyrit , I thought Boro had a pretty good game, he broke an NHL record for the most hits in a game & still gets crapped on here. They didn't lose the game because of Boro or Ceci but because of poor goaltending last night. It just wasn't Anderson's night, the Crosby goal & the penalty shot were good goals although there should not have been a penalty shot on that play, we've seen worse not called.

The first goal trickled through Anderson's legs which IMO looked stoppable, the Kessel goal was just inside the blueline & looked pretty weak too. It looked like Anderson didn't expect him to shoot & simply wasn't ready for it & it flew past him before he could react. The two other goals were deflected off defencemen sticks but still far out enough to give him time to react & even the announcers said he would like to have those two back. The Malkin goal again Anderson wasn't tight to the post & let in what looked like another easy one. Personally, I think it was more GBs fault for not pulling him when it looked like he just didn't have it last night & he should not have come out for the 3rd. I imagine GB asked him between periods & he probably talked Boucher into letting him come back out, but who knows. Anyway, tough one to lose after leading 4-2 but they are the SC champs for a reason & hopefully, they can win one or two out west this week.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Fair assessment Xspyrit , I thought Boro had a pretty good game, he broke an NHL record for the most hits in a game & still gets crapped on here. They didn't lose the game because of Boro or Ceci but because of poor goaltending last night. It just wasn't Anderson's night, the Crosby goal & the penalty shot were good goals although there should not have been a penalty shot on that play, we've seen worse not called.

Oh really?

Despite delivering a game-high 14 hits, the Senators defenceman had a rough game (13 for, 22 against, 37.1 CF%, 6-15 scoring chances, three goals against) at Pittsburgh.

Scoring chances when he was on the ice were 6-15(!!!!). Great gane though getting hammered in our own zone all night. Hits don't generate more W's...

Hitting guys is about the only thing you can do when you NEVER have the puck or are not able to get it out of the zone. Clearly he was outmatched out there but people who think he had a good game because he had 14 hits ... Please

I'd rather have 0 hits and scoring chances 11-10 or at least something decent that was a trainwreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad