Pre-Game Talk: Senators @ Penguins. Dec. 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Woah, Andy is back already?

Intense. I guess there isn't that much he can do for his wife (other than being there which is a lot) so helping the team and keeping his mind occupied will be key.

Not to be to nosy, but do we know what the recovery rate is for people affected by the kind of cancer his wife got?

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Going to be a tough one against the Stanley Cup Champs and a healthy Crosby. Will be a test for Boucher's system and whether the guys are confident or they ease off the pedal. This game could go all ways.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Intense. I guess there isn't that much he can do for his wife (other than being there which is a lot) so helping the team and keeping his mind occupied will be key.

Not to be to nosy, but do we know what the recovery rate is for people affected by the kind of cancer his wife got?

I vaguely remember a poster here getting attacked for saying something along the lines of it "not being a bad cancer", but essentially what he was say was that it was one of the cancers on the higher end of the survival rate. Could be misremembering though.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Gonna need Andy against Crosby and co.

Great to hear that he's back.

What's the latest on Bobby and Meth? Are they making the trip?

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

As I understand it she is just having treatment now as a rule she would get a dose every 3 or 4 weeks now for how long it depends could be has high as 8 rounds point is this is a long process and at best your likely looking at a year more likely 24 months if all goes well.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Pittsburg's 3rd in the conference and they've won two in a row. They have 3 players in the NHL's top 10 scorers (Crosby, Malkin and Kessel). The scary part is that they started with all three players on different lines when they beat Detroit. They started running Kessel with Malkin and Hagelin as the game progressed. Goaltending aside, that team is scary stacked. Gonna be a great test for Ottawa...I just hope to Christ that Methot's back.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I would expect and really hope Methot comes back. He's been excellent and is going to be key on this road trip.

We face Pitts, LA, SJ and ANA in the next 4 games. All on the road, this would be a good test on how legit we are.

Actually, December is probably our hardest month and it doesn't get much easier from here. If we go .500 I'd call it a success, anything more and we are looking real good, imo. 6 of the 11 games are on the road vs contending teams, 1 will be an emotional and important divisional game and 3 more games are at home vs very good teams.

Dorion should be able to identify team needs and weaknesses by the end of the month and prep us for a tough month in January with an addition to the team.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
We need at least 4 out of the 8 points possible for this road trip. Anything over that is just gravy. I'm going to the LA game and I hope they do well. Last time around they came back from 3-1 to make it 5-3. Great night, hopefully I see a encore!!!

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
LA without Quick should be a cakewalk. We won 2-1 with our offensive woes last time, now we're seeing some offense it should be much easier.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
We need to add another scoring winger ASAP...forget Mac & Ryan. IMO we will need more scoring punch (unless Smith and Pageau catch fire)

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Letang is the 2nd best D man behind #65 imo

Wont be easy with all their firepower

GO SENS GO

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Always like seeing Pittsburgh and Crosby. Should be a good game tonight. 2 of the best players in the game going at it tonight in Crosby and Karlsson.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Random idea...should we shop lazar while he still has value due to his draft spot? He's looking like a career 4th liner buy might still have the value of a middle 6. Trade high type of thing.

8-0-0-0 so far..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad