Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Holmes*

Well I'll bet I get an infraction but here goes...

Leaf fan here, thought in general both sides played very sloppy. Our defence was horrible early on and you guys definitely capitalized. The second line pairing is looking great for you guys. I was wondering what you guys are thinking of your 1st pairing at the moment? It will definitely take some time to get the chemistry going I'd imagine!

I think you guys have a great team and will be in good position for playoffs.

I just want to address a few comments I see here and flame me if you will; where is this diving talk coming from? I see embellishments here and there but claiming we are a diving team really? :shakehead

And I don't understand the hate/comment towards the "trick shots" I will say I did not like Raymond's goal but the league hasn't taken it out so I guess he is free to use it despite how terrible it is -_- and JVR's shot? He's scored that way before maybe he thought he fool Anderson I doubt he had "I want to make him look stupid in his mind while doing it."

If I offend anyone with my points I apologize, despite the rivalry I do respect your team and fans for the most part. We all have bad apples, I just don't see the point of being outright classless over hockey to one another. Life must be pretty good for us to be petty over something as frivolous as hockey.

Look forward to more meetings with you guys cheers! :yo:

I haven't heard anyone complain about JVR's through the legs attempt.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The NHL says the spinorama goal was good. They claim the puck never stopped and that Raymond didn't interfere with the goalie. I'm sure a ref disallowed a goal last year because the player deliberately showered a goalie's mask while braking near the crease. That means you can do it at any time now the NHL as ruled it as legal. Even though the puck had clearly stopped behind Raymond before he swung back to hit it they ruled it never stopped moving. BS. They had better be consistent all year now. The explanation shows they are not serious about the game much like Shanana's bogus, inconsistent and often inexplicable so called safety rulings. It's clear the decisions are made above his head and are dependent on the affected team.

They just made it easy for me to add another year to my NHL boycott. One more year of no NHL except the TV games included in my current bundle and no spending any money on NHL memorabilia for another year. Neither for myself or my frequent special occasion gifts to friends and family. That money now goes elsewhere. Next year my $$$ might go to the CFL if they don't mess with the draft.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The NHL says the spinorama goal was good. They claim the puck never stopped and that Raymond didn't interfere with the goalie. I'm sure a ref disallowed a goal last year because the player deliberately showered a goalie's mask while braking near the crease. That means you can do it at any time now the NHL as ruled it as legal. Even though the puck had clearly stopped behind Raymond before he swung back to hit it they ruled it never stopped moving. BS. They had better be consistent all year now. The explanation shows they are not serious about the game much like Shanana's bogus, inconsistent and often inexplicable so called safety rulings. It's clear the decisions are made above his head and are dependent on the affected team.

They just made it easy for me to add another year to my NHL boycott. One more year of no NHL except the TV games included in my current bundle and no spending any money on NHL memorabilia for another year. Neither for myself or my frequent special occasion gifts to friends and family. That money now goes elsewhere. Next year my $$$ might go to the CFL if they don't mess with the draft.

Will be quite funny when Ottawa gets a dis-allowed goal this year because it was a spin-o-rama...you all know it's coming!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
And the Senators board is def not a good platform to express your Leaf opinions. Just sayin.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
And the Senators board is def not a good platform to express your Leaf opinions. Just sayin.

There was no opinion listed. EA Sports is not accurate for rules, and if anyone believes otherwise (Sens fan, Pens fan, Nucks fan) they are being mislead, and are doing themselves a disservice.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
There was no opinion listed. EA Sports is not accurate for rules, and if anyone believes otherwise (Sens fan, Pens fan, Nucks fan) they are being mislead, and are doing themselves a disservice.
Just for interest sake, how come you didn't list the other 27 teams? Anyways, today we use computers to simulate things, and EA is the best simulator for NHL atm, so perhaps you should give it a chance.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Just for interest sake, how come you didn't list the other 27 teams? Anyways, today we use computers to simulate things, and EA is the best simulator for NHL atm, so perhaps you should give it a chance.

Was trying to discredit him for me being a bias lead fan. :) Im also a 15 year vet for refereeing Minor and Junior Hockey. I love NHL 14, and I play it often (I have a created player who is 6'9 and is a pure goon) but.. the rules are not always correct (esp when it comes to stacking penalties and icings, and face off locations)

Just trying to share the knowledge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad