Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Couldn't catch the game because I wasn't home and couldn't record, thanks CBC

A few notes from HL :

- Why was Greening killing a 5 on 3? Automatic goal
- Not the best Andy game
- Give credit to the opposition. Not every goal against is an automatic "who's fault is it?" Leafs battled back and the goalie change switched momentum
- Not mad at all, 1 point in a game at the ACC (back-to-back too) where the penalties were 6-1
- Team's system is probably still rusty, only game they could all play together was vs the Sabres
- MacA seemed to have a lot of scoring chances, gotta love every player on that line. From what I have seen, they've been amazing
- Oh ya, a shootout loss is like a tie, except that the opposition get 2 points. I've seen it like that since the beginning. S/O don't mean a lot to me.

Berserker*

I haven't seen much junior hockey this year. Only gotten out to one game, but I'm hoping to make it more regularly out to Hull and CTC for 67s games.

I am interested to see how Tyler Hill performs for the 67's this year. He is a big body and a few scouts seemed to think he had decent upside. I saw a bit of one of the 67's games in preseason and thought he looked OK. Wasn't as aggressive as he should be for a guy that size.

If you get a chance to see the 67's play the Barrie Colts, please keep an eye on Brendan Lemieux. Brendan is the son of Claude Lemieux and apparently plays a very similar style, he has decent upside and should be available when the Sens draft in the 2nd round. He could end up being the player that we draft this year.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Not true at all. Fraser is pretty intimidating, is physical along the boards, is reliable in his own zone, and sticks up to his teammates. Perfect 6D for the leafs. The only thing he needs to improve on is his foot speed and lateral movement and like you said he isn't good one on one.

No one is questioning his physicality. He can hit guys, but they are usually just going to skate right by him. Also not a fan of having a defenseman that fight with regularity. Sucks to go down to 5D for 5 or more.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Smith-Zibanejad-Stone

That should be our bottom six. At least by the deadline. A bit afraid that Stone is injury prone though.

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011
Well I'll bet I get an infraction but here goes...

Leaf fan here, thought in general both sides played very sloppy. Our defence was horrible early on and you guys definitely capitalized. The second line pairing is looking great for you guys. I was wondering what you guys are thinking of your 1st pairing at the moment? It will definitely take some time to get the chemistry going I'd imagine!

I think you guys have a great team and will be in good position for playoffs.

I just want to address a few comments I see here and flame me if you will; where is this diving talk coming from? I see embellishments here and there but claiming we are a diving team really? :shakehead

And I don't understand the hate/comment towards the "trick shots" I will say I did not like Raymond's goal but the league hasn't taken it out so I guess he is free to use it despite how terrible it is -_- and JVR's shot? He's scored that way before maybe he thought he fool Anderson I doubt he had "I want to make him look stupid in his mind while doing it."

If I offend anyone with my points I apologize, despite the rivalry I do respect your team and fans for the most part. We all have bad apples, I just don't see the point of being outright classless over hockey to one another. Life must be pretty good for us to be petty over something as frivolous as hockey.

Look forward to more meetings with you guys cheers! :yo:

It's mostly coming from having the refs riding the Sens all night. I don't think there was much more diving then any other team does, it's just that when you lose from a team capitalizing on PPs the weak calls look so much worse. Even more so because few of those weak calls went the Sens way last night.

Leafsin2014*

Fraser is a pretty terrible Dman imo. Terrible one on one, gets lost in front of his own net, can't move the puck, gets beat b smaller players along the boards. I wouldn't even want him as a 7th D...

Speaking of bad D, how about Corvo? This guy has completely lost 'it'. He doesn't bring much offense anymore. Thank christ we have some young D ready for the call.

Fraser is a great 6D. Tough as nails, clears the front of the net, our best PK defenceman, sticks up for teammates, great fighter which can be intimidating, blocks shots, punishing hitter. Not sure what you're watching, he's very good in his role. Always a big plus player as well.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I don't know why you guys are complaining so much. Second game of the season and you guys have 3 points.

Outside of Phaneuf and Philips, defense from both teams were terrible. Goaltending wasn't great either.

The difference in the game was a gimmicky shootout.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Fraser is a great 6D. Tough as nails, clears the front of the net, our best PK defenceman, sticks up for teammates, great fighter which can be intimidating, blocks shots, punishing hitter. Not sure what you're watching, he's very good in his role. Always a big plus player as well.

I bet you think Phaneuf is a top 20 defenseman in the league as well.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
I don't know why you guys are complaining so much. Second game of the season and you guys have 3 points.

Outside of Phaneuf and Philips, defense from both teams were terrible. Goaltending wasn't great either.

Agreed.

3 out of a possible 4 points on back-to-back road season openers is great. I really don't get the panic.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Because the sens suck. That is why we are complaining. ;):sarcasm:

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Smith-Zibanejad-Stone

That should be our bottom six. At least by the deadline. A bit afraid that Stone is injury prone though.

Replace Stone with Neil and its not bad.

Why so many people want to get rid of Neil is beyond me.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Replace Stone with Neil and its not bad.

Why so many people want to get rid of Neil is beyond me.

Getting rid of both Neil and Kassian would be a mistake in this division.

Your skilled players will get run. Leafs don't mind taking instigators/roughing/charging/crosschecking penalties.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I honestly see Pageau going down to Bingo soon in favour of Zibby. As much as people will complain that Pageau did not have much of a chance playing with bottom 6 players, he is not going to push Spezza or Turris out so he either has to adapt to a bottom 6 role in order to stick with the team or wait in Bingo for an injury.

Othello*

Condra shouldn't be ob the third line, can't produce offence to save his life. Greenings IQ is horrible, wasting Pageau with these scrubs

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Come on guys. Phaneuf is definitely one of the top 20 biggest names on defense.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The sens should change their name to the ottawa lazytards being that they could not even keep a 2 goal lead.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
I honestly see Pageau going down to Bingo soon in favour of Zibby. As much as people will complain that Pageau did not have much of a chance playing with bottom 6 players, he is not going to push Spezza or Turris out so he either has to adapt to a bottom 6 role in order to stick with the team or wait in Bingo for an injury.

Pageau played in OT and is in our 1st PK. Pageau isnt going anywhere soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad