Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Laughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The only thing i want to say is get rid of the ****ing shootout. If that does not happen, then at least disqualify the spin-o-rama. I would rather have lost in overtime then lose in a skills competition.

TheOriginalSilf*

I would like to see the following line combos next game:

Turris - Turris - Turris
Turris - Turris - Turris
Turris - Turris - Turris
Turris - Turris - Turris

John Holmes*

I think it is also painfully obvious that our bottom 6 is just not good enough.

Kassian is a waste of a roster spot. Pageau playing with stiffs wastes his talent.

What good is SDC doing us in the press box. Might as well just let him go and bring zbad back up. At least then we'd be able to put together a 3rd line that can score.

ffayyca

Nov 6, 2010
Not too mad. We usually get killed in TO on a back to back so a point is nice. D is slow as usual and will always have trouble with leaf's speed. Once top line gets going, we will be a dangerous team.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

Kassian is a waste of a roster spot. Pageau playing with stiffs wastes his talent.

What good is SDC doing us in the press box. Might as well just let him go and bring zbad back up. At least then we'd be able to put together a 3rd line that can score.

Greening-Pageau-Condra

Don't break it up

Don't bring in Kassian

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm still upset with the so goal. Remember when Daugs pulled a similar move the ref said later he would have ruled no goal because the move was illegal. That was confirmed by the head of referees in another interview. So Toronto does it and it's ok. What does that tell us about the games and the consistency of refereeing? You can't say Toronto didn't deserve a few more penalties too for hooking, interference, late hits and grabbing. They miss a few on both sides but why is it always so lopsided. Just look at the Orr jump in the air boarding on Wiercioch. Orr left his feet to make that hit with his back and shoulder for goodness sake! Welcome to WWE where everything is an illusion and the winners are decided by the promoters.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Completely agree.

Kassian has absolutely no role on this team. He literally ruins the entire makeup of the bottom 6.

Against Buffalo our Bottom 6 was solid, tonight they were down right horrific cause 3rd line split up and Greening with 2 guys who's IQ's are worse than him.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Being honest..Toronto has one heck of a team...they have a lot of scorers and decent defense.

Ottawa needs another top 6 and I'm not happy with Michalek at all..whether it's his knees or watever, he's terrble.

Lastly, Cowen, Wiercioch...had a brutal nights defensively...I would be looking for another top 4 dman if I were the Sens brass

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This team isn't good enough to coast. Need to bring a strong work ethic for a full 60 minutes every game. No reason for the guys to look gassed in the second game of the season, even if it is a back-to-back.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Being honest..Toronto has one heck of a team...they have a lot of scorers and decent defense.

Ottawa needs another top 6 and I'm not happy with Michalek at all..whether it's his knees or watever, he's terrble.

Lastly, Cowen, Wiercioch...had a brutal nights defensively...I would be looking for another top 4 dman if I were the Sens brass

Toronto played like **** tonight and we still lost.

That should say something.

Yea agreed on the other points. Michalek is down right horrific.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Even just reinstating Greening-Pageau-Condra would do a world of good. Playing Kassian is essentially just playing shorthanded.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Great: Turris, Macarthur

Good: Cowen, Wiercoich, Conacher, Pageau,

Horrible, Michalek, Ryan, Karlsson, Methot, Smith

Ive never seen Methot play such a bad game, I think that might be why EK was having such a bad night. Methot ur trying to make team Canada, step it up a bit...

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Had to leave after the first period, so I can't comment much on our play. But I'm pretty sure that Raymond SO goal shouldn't have counted.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well this game certainly reinforced my love for Kyle Turris: that kid can play; that whole line was great.

Not so much for the rest of the team and honestly Smith's penalty at the end of the first was inexcusable: 200ft away from your net on the pk cannot happen against our biggest rival

Unbiased homer

Classless
Mar 23, 2013
Petawawa
Although the officiating was brutal, so were we after the 2 goal lead. All in all, we still gotta point. 3 days off now, they better remember how to play hockey in that time cause they're gonna need it against the kings. One last thing, at least we exposed red light reimer for what he really is.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Ottawa's horrible play really overshadowed an outstanding performance by that 2nd line though.

A combined +12 on the night with 9 points while on the ice(im counting defenders too cause the 2nd line did all the work)

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
T.O. fan coming in peace, we played about as horrible a game as we could have played. Franson and Ranger were out to lunch, I can't believe we picked up a single point tonight.

The Raymond shootout goal was dicey but until the league bans it, it still counts right?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
T.O. fan coming in peace, we played about as horrible a game as we could have played. Franson and Ranger were out to lunch, I can't believe we picked up a single point tonight.

The Raymond shootout goal was dicey but until the league bans it, it still counts right?

I though spin-o-ramas had already been banned. But IDK, apparently not.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Tough way to loose tonight boys. Letting the Laafs back in the game after going out 4-2 showed we lacked killer instinct. Never let your opponent up off the mat when a pin is near! Very impressed with Conacher tonight as I was with the play of Smith. Most guys battled hard but didn't see too much of Chris Neil and EK only seemed interested in going forward at rare times tonight? Still not 100% yet maybe? Still missing in action are Booby Ryan d Milan Michalek. Sorry buys gotta call you two out!!...The CBC commentators are an absolute disgrace! Blatant favoritism towards anything in blue and white. The Laafs could do no wrong in their books. Lots of whining and crying by Toronto players tonight all over the ice and they absolutely bought it hook line and sinker. Secondly the officiating was downright horrendous. So many times I saw interference calls being negated, hooks and holds on our guys that were let go. The missed call on Conacher in the dying minutes was laughable!! Well at leas the Zebras go the hooking call right at the end... As well as Any has played in the first two games it obvious he needs works on his lateral movement across the ice as two of the Stinks goals were rung in from one-time feeds across the blue paint...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

You had a line and a half going for ya. We only had one line.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Do any of you guys notice, that we hardly cover the points as well? Is this because we are playing a collasping style?...the Leafs were free most of the night blasting away from the blue line???

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Only thing I'm annoyed with is the scheduling, no game until wednesday and its a über late start. Booo!

...and we didn't get our first game until day 4 of the NHL season. It sure would've been nice to have a couple of these off days in, say, December or February when the guys actually need it.

Ah, the joys of being a small market team. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad