Low Effort GDT Senators @ Kings | We (sorta)Love LA edition | Sun Nov 27th 2022, 10:30PM | TSN5, RDS2

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
So Jimmy and Giroux may have bought DJ a few more games?

I could see this team going on a bit of a run now; let's hope we don't run into more devastating injuries for a while.

We really need to fix the 2nd line though, they have no chemistry whatsoever. There was a Batherson sighting in the 3rd, let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

Reactions: Cosmix

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Damn fell asleep. What a finish. Sucks the team got into such a big hole yet again this year. Two solid wins in a row.

Its not over yet but its gonna be rough and they’re gonna need some solid streaks. 8 pts out with a game in hand….

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
There is the Chabby we know and love. Gotta love it, what a finish!
Sad he got injured, but ultimately, it seems he has benefit from it. He play way quicker then he used too.

But.. 28 minutes again tonight. It took 2 games to go back to it. 19 for Sanderson.

It not like we had 8 PP. Chabot played 25 minutes at 5v5. I hope it isn't a trend that is coming back.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Kalyiev should be Ottawa Senator during the draft. It was so obvious.
Had a bad handshake

Sad he got injured, but ultimately, it seems he has benefit from it. He play way quicker then he used too.

But.. 28 minutes again tonight. It took 2 games to go back to it. 19 for Sanderson.

It not like we had 8 PP. Chabot played 25 minutes at 5v5. I hope it isn't a trend that is coming back.
Hamonic was playing really really bad.

I wonder if they may play sub more to get Sanderson on with him some morw
And get Chab a break

Safe to say you won 3-2 in OT tonight coach?

Reactions: Viletho

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Such a weird broken play, seems like Chabot was trying to give it to Giroux, who just casually skates by the pass like hes out for a skate on the canal, Chabot looks like he panics a bit seeing that, but Stü comes in and recovers it and backhands the puck 140 feet down the ice to G.
Nice Stutzle pass and great finish from Giroux but....that pass from Giroux back to Chabot at the beginning could've been disastrous. It was a terrible decision by G but ironically it's what let him drift to center ice unnoticed. Almost like they planned it like that.

Overall, I thought the Sens played very well last night/early this morning. They looked loose, fast and confident. It's what I expected to see at the start of the season. Not sure why it's taken them this long to get it going.

Debrincat was working his ass off.... attacking with speed and coming back on the backcheck. I think it was the best I've seen from him. Brady and Stutz were also great. Bath and Pinto.... only so-so. Talbot deserves praise for a solid performance.

Reactions: DrEasy and Flamingo

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Habits die hard.. I think Cap just keeps putting him out there. I thought he looked tired in the 3rd.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Habits die hard.. I think Cap just keeps putting him out there. I thought he looked tired in the 3rd.
I wonder what is that has the team reluctant to distribute the icetime more evenly across Chabot and Sanderson. I missed last night's game, were Sanderson and Hamonic struggling?

Reactions: Flamingo

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I wonder what is that has the team reluctant to distribute the icetime more evenly across Chabot and Sanderson. I missed last night's game, were Sanderson and Hamonic struggling?
One of them was struggling. Guess who? Just keep firing it up the boards and hope for the best is his motto. Even if the boards are covered.

Not going to lie, after the first I had a bad feeling it was a familiar script, dominate early but don't get ahead, keep the other team in the game, let an unfortunate goal in, fall of the rails. But it didn't happen.

I watched the third period this AM before work, nice to see them survive the push-back and take it in OT.

We missed two wide open nets, it should not have went to OT. And Talbot did keep us in it. Nice to find a way to win.

Reactions: DrEasy and Flamingo

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not particularly ,, although the numbers are not favorable. Chabot and Zub were good .. particularly in the 1st and 2nd period. Sanderson also had next to no PP time where Chabot had > 3 minutes.

They did give up a breakaway in the 3rd with Sanderson and 3 forwards caught in the Ozone and Hamonic let a king f in behind him... forget who.

Chabot Zub is clearly the # 1 pair and they played well. It will have to be a conscious effort to cut Chabot's ice time in spots. They are so used to riding him and he is always going to say he's good to go. Sanderson had over 19 minutes so its not terrible and he has been leaned on hard in Chabot's absence.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think Brass has been playing well, so has Motte. Joseph has been in a mission the last few games and is back to being a. Puck hound who can make plays and crashes the net.

Pinto is a lot more casual out there, is not a physical player, but he has good positioning has a skilled stick, and can rip the puck. Cat is buzzing all over and you can see that he works his ass of to battle and get into shooting position. Bath is off.

Love seeing Watty truck guys with hits through the body. Kastelic struggled today I thought, and Kelly didn’t get a single big hit in, though he had a couple shots on net.

I thought our D came to play. Top line was great, and Bran had a good game. Pedestrian game for Sanderson, I’ve just gotten used to how good he is normally.

Talbot was money this game.

WooHoo!!

Reactions: Viletho

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
4th line really brought it last night. They were much better , more physical and did not get caved. Watty had a couple big hits. I think they are suited to play the heavier (slower) teams.

3rd line after a good game vs the Ducks struggled vs the Kings depth .. but took a lot of Dzone starts.. I think Brass needs to be spelled here and there .

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think Brass has been playing well, so has Motte. Joseph has been in a mission the last few games and is back to being a. Puck hound who can make plays and crashes the net.

Pinto is a lot more casual out there, is not a physical player, but he has good positioning has a skilled stick, and can rip the puck. Cat is buzzing all over and you can see that he works his ass of to battle and get into shooting position. Bath is off.

Love seeing Watty truck guys with hits through the body. Kastelic struggled today I thought, and Kelly didn’t get a single big hit in, though he had a couple shots on net.

I thought our D came to play. Top line was great, and Bran had a good game. Pedestrian game for Sanderson, I’ve just gotten used to how good he is normally.

Talbot was money this game.

WooHoo!!
Regarding Pinto, why isn't he used on the PK? We know he can do it. Not like he sees a lot of PP time recently with PP1 taking like 1min30.

NCAA defensive forward of the year 2 years ago. Good on faceoff( you can continue to use Giroux for the faceoff). Smart defensive player with great positionning that his strong and skate well.

Nope, let's use Watson and Kelly... Good team use their best defensive forward on the PK. It's not like our PK is good anyway.

IMO, you go Pinto, Joseph, Motte, Giroux( mostly for faceoff). Greig when called up
Norris when healthy.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Got to get a really good defender to play with Sanderson. Then it could be 1st pair 23 mins, 2nd pair 22 mins, and 3rd pair 15 minutes situation. To me, a better distribution of ice time amongst the pairings and a stronger partner for Sanderson is really going to help the team. Sanderson still has untapped potential and more to give. Just got to find a partner so that tandem is more optimal. Of course, this assumes we resign Zub and Zub is partnered with Chabot. Big problem if that doesn't happen of course.

I thought what Garrioch presented during intermission about the Formenton situation was both interesting and bizarre. Now its supposedly Formenton not wanting to sign his Qualifying Offer. Why wouldn't he just sign the offer, play the year, and then try for a preferred & better contract next year? Something seems odd here and I wonder if Bruce isn't just being the spin doctor here and carrying the water for the organization, or for the NHL. Something seems off about this situation.

Also, did Bruce have anything more to say of substance about the new owners other than 20 groups being interested and all of them talking to Reynolds? I also wonder where the line is between actual info from sources and Bruce's suppositions are. He seems to be in cheer leader mode now quite a bit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad