Low Effort GDT Senators @ Kings | We (sorta)Love LA edition | Sun Nov 27th 2022, 10:30PM | TSN5, RDS2

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
GettyImages-1236509581.jpg

Sorry, all you get is the boring GDT today.
OTTAWA SENATORS (7-12-1) @ LOS ANGELES KINGS (12-9-2)
TV: TSN5, RDS2 | Radio: TSN 1200, 94.5 Unique-FM

Their fourth road game in seven nights, the Senators wrap up their West coast trip tonight in LA. A win tonight would give the Senators an even split of the trip, which will be their second longest road trip of the season when it's all said and done.

PROJECTED LINEUP

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Debrincat - Pinto - Batherson
Motte - Brassard - Joseph
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Holden

Talbot

PREVIOUS MATCHUP

tV8Y9ro.png

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah I really don't get why they can't make the Sunday game an afternoon game. The NHL sucks at scheduling.
Certainly when you have an Eastern team visiting a western team, it just makes more sense, but my guess is TV pressure, the Rams play today at 4:30, NHL would perhaps want to avoid that head to head out there.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Two in a row! The second step of the 6 game winning streak this team needs immediately in order for the season not to be lost.

Reactions: bicboi64

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Funny how similar the stats are yet how different the records are.

LA is 15th in the league in GF/G.
Ottawa is 16th

LA is 22nd in the league in GA/G
Ottawa is 23rd

LA has the 19th ranked PP.
Ottawa has the 9th best PP%

LA has the 23rd ranked PK
Ottawa has the 16th

LA has the 14th best record (Pts%)
Ottawa is 29th :/

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008

Ottawa is 16th

Ottawa is 23rd

Ottawa has the 16th

Goes to show how tough the Atlantic division is

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Ottawa is 16th

Ottawa is 23rd

Ottawa has the 16th

Difference is coaching imo. They have slightly better depth but their goaltending is weak-ish and their #2 C is Danault.

Goes to show how tough the Atlantic division is

This is true as well.

Reactions: NB613 and Alex1234

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Ottawa is 16th

Ottawa is 23rd

Ottawa has the 16th

LAK don't seem to have problems scoring in general. Not saying that you said they did. They are 7th overall for goals scored. Their division is probably weaker & it could be traced to other reasons no doubt. Ottawa's goal stats are generally good, but they have trouble scoring them when they are needed the most for whatever reasons. I'm guessing that the Senators goal stats will gradually decrease over time unless of course they go on some kind of heater.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
LAK don't seem to have problems scoring in general. Not saying that you said they did. They are 7th overall for goals scored. Their division is probably weaker & it could be traced to other reasons no doubt. Ottawa's goal stats are generally good, but they have trouble scoring them when they are needed the most for whatever reasons. I'm guessing that the Senators goal stats will gradually decrease over time unless of course they go on some kind of heater.
Idk, I think we could see them actually improve, we've been without Chabot during the bulk of our recent scoring drought.

With Chabot, 3.6 G/GP
Without Chabot, 1.8 G/GP

Even if we remove the games Norris was in, we score at 3.3 G/GP with Chabot in the line, that's a decent jump from the 3.15 overall.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Idk, I think we could see them actually improve, we've been without Chabot during the bulk of our recent scoring drought.

With Chabot, 3.6 G/GP
Without Chabot, 1.8 G/GP

Even if we remove the games Norris was in, we score at 3.3 G/GP with Chabot in the line, that's a decent jump from the 3.15 overall.
OK, well that's fair. Maybe I was looking at those stats trending down while not accounting for the absence of Zub & Chabot enough. Chabot's play has been off this year though - somewhat of a caveat. I hope you are right.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
OK, well that's fair. Maybe I was looking at those stats trending down while not accounting for the absence of Zub & Chabot enough. Chabot's play has been off this year though - somewhat of a caveat. I hope you are right.
Chabot was off early in the season, but it seemed pretty clear to me we missed him when he was gone. I also think he's played better of late (ie the game he got hurt in and this past one)

Chabot can be a lot better than he has been, if he's re-found his game, it's going to really help the team (or hurt if you're on team tank,..).

Reactions: Psycroptic86

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Chabot was off early in the season, but it seemed pretty clear to me we missed him when he was gone. I also think he's played better of late (ie the game he got hurt in and this past one)

Chabot can be a lot better than he has been, if he's re-found his game, it's going to really help the team (or hurt if you're on team tank,..).
Would be a shame to be the 2nd or 3rd worst team with one month to go and then go on a heater and only get the 7th or 8th overall pick. We are good at that it seems.

Reactions: WallyD

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Ottawa is 16th

Ottawa is 23rd

Ottawa has the 16th

Major difference is L.A. can win games on the road. They are basically 1 game above .500 at home and the road and thats enough for the playoffs.

Ottawa losing game 1 in Buffalo was such a terrible lose vac use it showed rhey have absolutely no road game - if you aren’t above .500 of the raid you wont make the playoffs and your program cannot advance

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00