Prospect Info: Senators in WJC - Part Zwei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Maybe the extra traffic on small ice confuses him?
I don’t know, he look out of position all the time tonight.. he is usually well positioned. He didn’t let any weak goal. They were all good goal. Russia’s team is really young compare to Canada.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Askarov is awesome in many ways but has some absolutely atrocious (and pretty weird) habits. You can see it’s all there, but he really sabotages himself

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I do not even want to imagine this board right now if we drafted askarov. I don’t even want to imagine myself.
Try considering that Canada is so dominant & Russia is not playing so well especially their defence who can't seem to handle Canada's forecheck very well. At least Russia gave a better effort to end the period, but they have been dominated by Canada for most of the game as every other team has that played Canada so far. I thought Finland was a good team until Canada dominated them for most of their last game. Canada has been the best team in this tournament by a long shot so far.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Try considering that Canada is so dominant & Russia is not playing so well especially their defence who can't seem to handle Canada's forecheck very well. At least Russia gave a better effort to end the period, but they have been dominated by Canada for most of the game as every other team has that played Canada so far. I thought Finland was a good team until Canada dominated them for most of their last game. Canada has been the best team in this tournament by a long shot so far.

Don’t forget that there’s 4 defensemen for Russia that are only 18 years old... this is pretty rare at the WJC

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They are the best team. But askarov has been bad.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I hopes scouts are finally over trying to find the next Hasek. That gumby style was always going to be a unicorn in the NHL.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Honestly, André Tourigny has done an amazing job coaching this group and deserves a ton more credit. Team Canada look like they have been playing together for years, just utterly dominant.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Honestly, André Tourigny has done an amazing job coaching this group and deserves a ton more credit. Team Canada look like they have been playing together for years, just utterly dominant.
When your worst and lowest drafted regular is a 1st round pick, it’s hard not to do a good job.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
When your worst and lowest drafted regular is a 1st round pick, it’s hard not to do a good job.

But on the other hand there could be a lot of egos and guys upset they arent playing as big a role as theyre used too. All these guys are used to being the go to guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad