Prospect Info: Senators in WJC - Part Zwei

Status
Not open for further replies.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
What happened to drafting the best player available. Interesting how views change

BPA is also super subjective. So many people have different lists. BPA isnt one size fit all. Its a super vague catchy term people love to use.

Reactions: Xspyrit

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
BPA is also super subjective. So many people have different lists. BPA isnt one size fit all. Its a super vague catchy term people love to use.
Yes, I agree. I just don’t see how the Sens not drafting many top 4 in the last decade matters.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yes, I agree. I just don’t see how the Sens not drafting many top 4 in the last decade matters.
It was a response to the statement that it was easier to get a guy like a Sanderson elsewhere, I was showing we haven’t been able to by the fact we have hardly been able to get a top 4 D through the draft in the past 20 years.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Dingleberry

Jun 18, 2019
I watched part of the USA game today and was expecting more from a 5th overall pick. Drysdale has looked much better so far from what I've seen.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I watched part of the USA game today and was expecting more from a 5th overall pick. Drysdale has looked much better so far from what I've seen.

I didn't watch today's game but Sanderson has looked great in his 2 other games. There were a few missteps because of teammates who couldn't receive a 5' pass or keep their stick out of his skates. But his skating, positioning, and overall awareness were outstanding.

As a Sens prospect he has to deal with Senators haters and Dorion haters who love to bash Sens prospects. There was one in his thread on the prospects board who made the absolutely moronic take that he was the worst player in his game against Russia.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Just box score watching see USA scored 7 goals and 4 Dmen had points but not Sanderson. Well onto the next one

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Death, taxes, and over-reactions from how guys play in the World Juniors. You know who the leading point getter for the US all-time is? Jordan Schroeder

Reactions: derriko

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Faber looking really, really solid.

Beniers is certainly a go getter

Reminds me of Toews a lot. I love Eklund's game but with Beniers being a C this guy def among the top of my list.

Zegras is crazy good definitely the best forward in the tournament this far. Can't see the hype with Turcotte or Caufield (too small)

Zegras is amazing. Id say he and Stutzle been the two best.

Gonchsr was the last good 2nd pair guy on the team, the last 2nd pairing guy we drafted was Mez in 04’, though not sure he’d be classified as a good 2nd pairing guy (Chabot and Karlsson #1’s). Ceci obviously played a top 4 role here for years, though he obviously wasn’t a good 2nd pair guy.

Phaneuf in 16/17 season.

Drysdale plays first pairing with more detail oriented players. Plus have you compared schedules?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lots of guys taken way later as well.
Serious question, if there was a re-draft of 2019 right this moment, is Thomson even selected? Where does he realistically end up? 6th round maybe?

Its obviously too early to call it but there are so many red flags around the player, its hard to believe him having a pro career if he doesn't take massive steps in his development.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Serious question, if there was a re-draft of 2019 right this moment, is Thomson even selected? Where does he realistically end up? 6th round maybe?

Its obviously too early to call it but there are so many red flags around the player, its hard to believe him having a pro career if he doesn't take massive steps in his development.
Probably late 2nd-4th, he still has tools. I wouldn’t be taking him, but someone would. Not sure we’d be too disappointed in him if he was a late 2nd or later pick, it’s that he was 19th that stings so much.

Would be among the biggest fallers I’d think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad