Rumor: Senators have given interested teams permission to discuss contract with Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

There's your market for EK: VGK, DAL and TBL.

Only Vegas would take Ryan so I'm assuming that is no longer a prerequisite.

So far it's been leaked that Vegas then Dallas were the frontrunners. TBL is a preferred destination but haven't made a convincing pitch yet.

Seems like a lot of posturing going on to this point but the market is set.

Providing this is true, it is good to know that Dorion at least has some leverage, but I’m sure he’ll find a way to f*** it up.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Unless Dallas offers Heineken, I think he's a Knight by midknight.

I agree with this. Dallas has the most attractive asset and that makes them frontrunners, but after him, Vegas has a much better selection of pieces.

However, I don't know how much Ottawa would value a player like Faksa compared to the prospects Vegas can offer. A young, quality roster player has to have value to a team that doesn't have their own 1st rounder this year.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

There's your market for EK: VGK, DAL and TBL.

Only Vegas would take Ryan so I'm assuming that is no longer a prerequisite.

So far it's been leaked that Vegas then Dallas were the frontrunners. TBL is a preferred destination but haven't made a convincing pitch yet.

Seems like a lot of posturing going on to this point but the market is set.

Avs fans:

tenor.gif

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I agree with this. Dallas has the most attractive asset and that makes them frontrunners, but after him, Vegas has a much better selection of pieces.

However, I don't know how much Ottawa would value a player like Faksa compared to the prospects Vegas can offer. A young, quality roster player has to have value to a team that doesn't have their own 1st rounder this year.
Who does Dallas have that is more valuable than Sergachev?

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Is Cerilli in play and/or Stralman in play for $$$ relief?

Cirelli makes like 750K and will be a 3C more than likely. We aren't moving him for money issues anytime soon. Stralman being traded would leave us with putting Girardi next to McD or playing Dotchin more than most Tampa fans would like. Neither of those should be moved for money issues. If anything we don't resign Stralman after the season if a potential Karlsson deal happens cause we would barely be able to afford him.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
In the end it’s up to karlsson . By letting him negotiate with other teams he’s basically a ufa right now .
OTT is in the worst position here. They have a 3x team market - so basically these three teams control the value, not OTT. They can ask for the world but if these 3x don't offer it then OTT is either screwed or they hold on to him.

Reactions: amethyst and Bfantz

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
In the end it’s up to karlsson . By letting him negotiate with other teams he’s basically a ufa right now .
No, not really. There is a very real question as to whether a team wants to sign Karlsson at 11+ . Once a team says they will then Dorion will try and extract what he can. If anything it puts more pressure on the team who will sign Karlsson to 90m contract.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
To heck with Colorado. There should only be one price from the Av's; MacKinnon straight up or get lost.
Lol. You're gonna be so disappointed. OTT has a 3x team market to deal with. Those three teams control the value - not OTT. Either OTT takes the best offer one of them make or they hold on to EK.

OTT is in a tough spot with their hands tied.

Reactions: amethyst

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
OTT is in the worst position here. They have a 3x team market - so basically these three teams control the value, not OTT. They can ask for the world but if these 3x don't offer it then OTT is either screwed or they hold on to him.
Uh, don't forget that these teams all have to play a season next year. It's not like Vegas is trying to maintain the insane momentum that they built up last year...or Dallas is trying to make the playoffs while Seguin is still on that ludicrous team-friendly deal...or Tampa is trying to finally win the cup again after years of coming up just short.

Ottawa isn't in the best position but these teams are also desperate to make their teams better in a league that's never been more competitive. They'll pay what they have to pay.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Lol. You're gonna be so disappointed. OTT has a 3x team market to deal with. Those three teams control the value - not OTT. Either OTT takes the best offer one of them make or they hold on to EK.

OTT is in a tough spot with their hands tied.

We thought that of Colorado regarding Matt Duchene before we were robbed blind.
Miracles do happen occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad