Rumor: Senators have given interested teams permission to discuss contract with Karlsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Karlsson has scored at .82PPG pace his entire career has won 2 norris trophies and been nominated for another 2 was talked about as a top 3 player in the league just last year with Crosby and McDavid and fans don't want to give up your top prospect for the guy. WHAT THE ACTUAL F . This board is crazy.

But why add Karlsson when we can cross our fingers hard enough and maybe our kid will be almost as good as Karlsson?

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
Well, Tampa fans are more than willing to give up their top prospect or Sergachev for him.

We just won't give up said top prospect or Sergachev with Point. If we did, he'd be a Bolt tonight. Very few teams would match that. But Point is an important part of our offense, and more importantly, he's cap controlled for a few more years after he signs a bridge deal.

Ditto with Colorado. We would trade Makar, but then Ottawa’s first is off the table. Vice versa if you value Ottawa’s pick more.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
But why add Karlsson when we can cross our fingers hard enough and maybe our kid will be almost as good as Karlsson?

Well I can certainly see why.

Sure, it's a long (looooooong) shot for Heiskanen to be mentioned in the same conversation as Karlsson, and chances are he won't ever be as good.

But he's nine years younger, and likely to cost around 5-10% as much as Karlsson over the next three seasons.

So there's that.

Heiskanen is coming off a season in which he won the Finnish equivalent of the Norris trophy, no small feat, especially since he was the youngest to ever do so. Reason enough to get many, MANY Stars fans on board with the idea that he's untouchable. I can see why Ottawa would be chasing after him as a replacement; he WOULD be the replacement to Erik Karlsson.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
Karlsson might strut around town in his tight jeans all too often but he knows if he wants to play the sexy game he'll have to go to the Leafs and Team Sexy.

Reactions: branch

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Karlsson might strut around town in his tight jeans all too often but he knows if he wants to play the sexy game he'll have to go to the Leafs and Team Sexy.
Enough i cant take it anymore......LOL good for you guys having a team with money and finally brains

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Nope to the posrt i replied to... QUOTE="SpezDispenser, post: 147784251, member: 58725"]Nope, we can't have the Isles 1st rounder, or nope they're not gonna suck?[/QUOTE]

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
If I'm Karlsson I refuse to sign an extension, why hurt your future teams chance at a Stanley Cup by forcing them to give up a bunch of assets? Do a one year deal with whoever, then go to Tampa in 2019.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
If I'm Karlsson I refuse to sign an extension, why hurt your future teams chance at a Stanley Cup by forcing them to give up a bunch of assets? Do a one year deal with whoever, then go to Tampa in 2019.

I think most players care about securing their own future first, and team success second. I know if I had a $96M offer on the table, I would not risk serious injury or performance decline and push it off until next year

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
So what if karlsson says “I’ve decided the only team I want to resign with right now is team x” ? How would Dorion have any other choice but to trade him to that team ? No one else is gonna offer him as much if he’s not gonna resign .

If that's the case, you just keep him and trade him at the deadline. Or better yet, trade him later this summer as a rental to whomever offers up the most for him. Shit, every year some mediocre centre like Paul Stastny nets a team at least a 1st and a decent prospect. I'd gladly take that sort of a package over the garbage that Dallas is ostensibly offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad