Senators Development Camp 2018

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Something like a Pageau is a solid bet.

A slightly more offensive version, yeah. Pageau has just hit 40pts once, playing with Stone. Pager is still just 25 but I think that White will eventually put up better numbers if placed with linemates like that because of a higher offensive IQ, and he'll be averaging more per season imo.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Also I’m starting to think that White’s floor is a two-way 40 point winger.

Man, White’s emergence as a top 6 player would be monstrous for this team. Huge. I thought he was nearing on bust category.

I’ll still believe it when I see it. I personally thought he had Bergeron lite potential but didn’t see much in nhl stints

Reactions: Sensinitis

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Odd, didn't a lot of posters say Tkachuk looked lathargic? Seems strange to win hardest worker. Maybe he really worked in the off ice stuff?

Probably just the Sens way of pumping up the new guy to the fans. Tkachuk could have shot the winning goal into his own net on a slapshot from the hash marks. He was winning this award regardless.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man, White’s emergence as a top 6 player would be monstrous for this team. Huge. I thought he was nearing on bust category.

I’ll still believe it when I see it. I personally thought he had Bergeron lite potential but didn’t see much in nhl stints

wtf ? Bust at 20/21 ok sure mate

Reactions: bert

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
In that interview, Dorion says he never watched Bernard-Docker live prior to the development camp. That surprises me.

Reactions: derriko

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Probably just the Sens way of pumping up the new guy to the fans. Tkachuk could have shot the winning goal into his own net on a slapshot from the hash marks. He was winning this award regardless.
Is that a new policy? Before it was always guys like Boro, Smith mccormick ect

Reactions: derriko

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
In that interview, Dorion says he never watched Bernard-Docker live prior to the development camp. That surprises me.
I rip Dorion daily but I will actually praise him for this. To have trust in your staff is a good quality. Murray did when he traded up for Karlsson in Forsberg and Dorion. You can bet that if Dorion had made trips to go see him other team's would have been tipped off.

From what I've seen from JDB in Dev Camp, he looks great. I see why they're so high on him.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I rip Dorion daily but I will actually praise him for this. To have trust in your staff is a good quality. Murray did when he traded up for Karlsson in Forsberg and Dorion. You can bet that if Dorion had made trips to go see him other team's would have been tipped off.

From what I've seen from JDB in Dev Camp, he looks great. I see why they're so high on him.

Was just about to say that. As a former scout, I’m sure he really respects his scouts opinions (amateur ones at least)

That means the move back trade was all the scouting departments idea. Mann is the man. JBD could be a weak man’s top 4 version of Chabot someday.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Was just about to say that. As a former scout, I’m sure he really respects his scouts opinions (amateur ones at least)

That means the move back trade was all the scouting departments idea. Mann is the man. JBD could be a weak man’s top 4 version of Chabot someday.

To add to this, he actually wanted to trade down again from #26 but listened to his scouts when they told him they absolutely couldn't pass up Bernard-Docker.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
To add to this, he actually wanted to trade down again from #26 but listened to his scouts when they told him they absolutely couldn't pass up Bernard-Docker.

It worked out well because Mann at the Dev camp interview alluded to the fact post draft a team behind them was going to pick him and Sens would have missed him

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Personally I am not sold on Chalpik at all.

He seems like a tweener at best so maybe his best fit for 2018-2019 is Belleville to help them have a better season.
Nothing ive seen in his game shows me a consistent nhl producer.

White is going to be as good as Fisher? I dont see that either. Fisher was way faster and stronger with a much heavier and harder shot. I see whites peak being a Darcy Tucker type. He needs to start being a real pest like in the WJC or he is going to end up a journyman grinder. There are no elite aspects of his game.

Its nice to hear about Crookshank and Nurmi.

Any d men look good or really step up? This organizations d situation needs a kick in the pants.

How was browns skating and strength? Does he look any faster or stronger?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
And Zadina scored in the Wings development camp final game in overtime and looked very impressive with two goals. Sens as an organization is unbelievable. I remember my frustration when they drafted Brian Lee
Sure feels similar i have to admit.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
if White is to succeed in a top 6 role at the nhl level he needs to be able to protect the puck well. His hands and speed aren't good enough for him to do that against NHLers so he is going to have to work on his strength and his boardplay.

Also i'm not saying that White has bad hands or speed or vision. He is a very well rounded player. Someone who is going to be able to be inserted into all 4 lines. But right now I don't see him translating into a playdriver with such such an average puck possession game (against NHlers).
A realistic and accurate breakdown of White as a player.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Odd, didn't a lot of posters say Tkachuk looked lathargic? Seems strange to win hardest worker. Maybe he really worked in the off ice stuff?
Based on this thread it seems like a sens spin job but i didnt see any of it other than some highlites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad