Post-Game Talk: Senators def. Canucks - 4-3 (SO) (Miller, Boeser, Dermott)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryamkinPleaseReturn

Rapidly Shrinking Cult
Feb 7, 2019
It does kind of feel like Benning is kicking us from beyond the grave with Gaudette being probably the final nail in the coffin of the Canucks playoff chances. If you told me Benning is actually an evil genius who was here to destroy the franchise from the inside, I would find it easier to believe than he is just some kind of Elmer Fudd character making the best moves he could think of

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Lol at the people saying that we didn’t get the bounces tonight. We were literally gifted a point or two. The refs literally let us get away with murder tonight. They hung their legs out and hooked like crazy to stop the senators young team speed and got away with it blatantly all night.

I suggest you guys analyze the games with more of a reductionist approach if you want to view where this team is at objectively.

Huge changes need to be made next off season. Boeser turning it on doesn’t inspire hope that we unload him either. Plus the playoff hopefuls better hope whoever hung their leg or knee out on stuezle missed call doesn’t get looked at by the league. Lol

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Last night's result is just the way things go in an 82-game schedule. When Ottawa is playing well, they're a tough out. And there was never any way the Canucks were going to run the table down the stretch.

For context, the Canucks beat the Leafs twice in their head to head meetings. And even the most rose-colored Canuck fan would have to concede that on most nights, the Leafs should beat the Canucks. It's a cliche, but on any given night...etc..,.etc.

The bigger issue is why the Canucks are finding themselves in a 'do or die' game every night? And answer of course is that ownership waited far too long to clean house and the season was in dire peril before they finally made a move.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Love the Miller-Garland-Pod line

however I may be in the minority but I do not like Dickinson--Pettersson---Boeser Line.
I just don't like the combo and the way it plays. I hate it.

Garland does well wherever he goes

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
Love the Miller-Garland-Pod line

however I may be in the minority but I do not like Dickinson--Pettersson---Boeser Line.
I just don't like the combo and the way it plays. I hate it.

Garland does well wherever he goes
It is impossible to deny Boeser-Pettersson, but at the end of the game, he should've rode the Lotto Line. You can see they were getting tired playing so hard last night. I suspect a solid rebound vs Minny.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Fun game to be at. Disappointing end. If they miss the playoffs the OT and shootout record will be a large reason. Not as big as Green and Petey early season but still big. They have a good line injured right now and are undefeated in 7. They are a playoff team based off last 50 games. Actually they are a good team with d issues. Look at the goals for and against they are a better team than Dallas and LA. Just have not won enough coin flips. Improvement needed but worlds better than first 25 games.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Are people really complaining about Petan in the shootout when 3 minutes later Adam Gaudette, a player who was benched for something like the final 35 minutes of the game and logged 4 minutes of icetime, scored the winner? Lmao

It's really weird how upset people are about this.

We've had shootouts for a long time now and you'd think this sort of thing would have died a decade ago when Jeff Tambellini was a go-to shooter ahead of the Sedins.

Reactions: geebaan and Vector

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
Petan is 1 for 11 in shootouts in the The AHL in 6 seasons.

The shootout is a toss up so I really don’t care about who a coach chooses, But if a player has a noticeable weakness in the activity he shouldn’t go. The resume is there for you see.

Reactions: sting101

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
I’m talking about 5v5
I know when Vancouver is decimated at evens

Last night wasn’t it.

I already mentioned earlier that the refs let us get away with murder. How do you think we got all those chances? We could do whatever we want without taking a penalty and they couldn’t do anything without getting one. Lol but yeah you think how you like. Haha

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I already mentioned earlier that the refs let us get away with murder. How do you think we got all those chances? We could do whatever we want without taking a penalty and they couldn’t do anything without getting one. Lol but yeah you think how you like. Haha

Couldn’t do anything without getting one
Holy hyperbole
Didn’t gambrell cross check Lams in the face after the whistle?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Surfing this thread it's a little shocking how many fans are seriously bummed out about last night's loss, and looking for scapegoats. OT and the shootout is a basic crap-shoot. If Pettersson scores on his shootout attempt, the Canucks win it.

I mean it happens sometimes. I'm sure Vegas didn't expect to lose in regulation at home to the Devils, with their season also hanging in the balance.

I guess if they find a way to miraculously pull out wins in Minny and Calgary, all will be forgiven.

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Surfing this thread it's a little shocking how many fans are seriously bummed out about last night's loss, and looking for scapegoats. OT and the shootout is a basic crap-shoot. If Pettersson scores on his shootout attempt, the Canucks win it.

I mean it happens sometimes. I'm sure Vegas didn't expect to lose in regulation at home to the Devils, with their season also hanging in the balance.

I guess if they find a way to miraculously pull out wins in Minny and Calgary, all will be forgiven.

Yeah, it's weird. I thought the team worked hard and actually had one of their better performances of the season last night - especially considering it was the second of a BTB.

But their finishing was poor, and Ottawa I thought played an absolutely terrific game for a team on the road playing meaningless hockey. Props to their coaching staff because their players were working their asses off last night. They brought a higher intensity level than teams we've seen recently competing for playoff spots.

People base their opinions so strongly on the results rather than the process. The team was great if we win while getting dominated and Demko makes 40 saves, but lose in a shootout after a good performance and everyone is looking for scapegoats.

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Yeah, it's weird. I thought the team worked hard and actually had one of their better performances of the season last night - especially considering it was the second of a BTB.

But their finishing was poor, and Ottawa I thought played an absolutely terrific game for a team on the road playing meaningless hockey. Props to their coaching staff because their players were working their asses off last night. They brought a higher intensity level than teams we've seen recently competing for playoff spots.

People base their opinions so strongly on the results rather than the process. The team was great if we win while getting dominated and Demko makes 40 saves, but lose in a shootout after a good performance and everyone is looking for scapegoats.

That the GDT is consistently dominated with shootout-talk after any SO game is so frustrating. Everyone knows that the SO is a random coin-flip, yet people are obsessed with who gets to go and what they do and blah blah blah. Guys, the game was a tie. It was a tie and they lost the coin flip. It's hilarious to me how the general tone of a GDT is completely different based on the results of the freaking shootout and cannot fathom how this can still be the case in 2022.

In 2007 it was kinda interesting arguing about shootout strategies and so forth but at this point doesn't literally everyone know it's RNG? Remember when AV used Edler in the shootout and everone here was losing their minds? Then Edler scored in like 3 straight shootouts and it became a thing until he stopped scoring. It doesn't matter. Bruce can go Schenn-Hunt-Lammikko in the shootout if he wants, I couldn't care less. How was the hockey game?

Reactions: Vector

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That the GDT is consistently dominated with shootout-talk after any SO game is so frustrating. Everyone knows that the SO is a random coin-flip, yet people are obsessed with who gets to go and what they do and blah blah blah. Guys, the game was a tie. It was a tie and they lost the coin flip. It's hilarious to me how the general tone of a GDT is completely different based on the results of the freaking shootout and cannot fathom how this can still be the case in 2022.

In 2007 it was kinda interesting arguing about shootout strategies and so forth but at this point doesn't literally everyone know it's RNG? Remember when AV used Edler in the shootout and everone here was losing their minds? Then Edler scored in like 3 straight shootouts and it became a thing until he stopped scoring. It doesn't matter. Bruce can go Schenn-Hunt-Lammikko in the shootout if he wants, I couldn't care less. How was the hockey game?

Absolutely.

And it's not even just the shootout. It's the same if we lose in OT, or if we play great but don't get a result in regulation vs. play terrible and have our goalie save us.

People start at the result and work backward to form their opinions rather than building their opinions off the process independent of the result. And it's the same with absolutely everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad