Post-Game Talk: Senators def. Canucks - 4-3 (SO) (Miller, Boeser, Dermott)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I hope this little run to eventually miss the playoffs again, doesnt cloud the bigger picture. This team spent up to (actually over) the cap ceiling and cant break the top 50% of the league. I dont give a f*** if we won 20 in a row, this outcome is not acceptable

Reactions: geebaan

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
I completely understand people are disappointed, I’m disappointed also.
But the amount of negativity coming out from the result, it’s ridiculous.
We played a f***ing great game, it was extremely entertaining, the effort was there, we just simply could not finish.
The shoot out obviously could have gone better, and I understand how big the point is.
But my goodness, that was a hell of a hockey game, One of the best of the year.
Maybe I’m just an overly optimistic guy, but for goodness sake’s
Most invested I ever felt since 2020. It was an awesome game. Sometimes people just need to learn to enjoy the ride in the moment.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I literally didn’t realize Gaudette was in this game until he came on for the shootout. Good for him I guess getting the winner - but man did he ever fizzle out after that promising 19-20 regular season.
19-20 season was overrated anyways. produced a lot in an extremely sheltered role. they never showed any trust in him being a top nine centerman. should have sold high at that point, esp after the bubble

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Vancouver still has a bright future. A lot of talent there without J.T. Miller. Boeser probably would be your best chess piece though.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
For the people suggesting pods should have gone in the shootout, has he ever done so yet this season? Atleast Petan has been in the shootout a bunch in the ahl
Its a breakaway against a goalie

Pretty sure first rounder Podz has done that just a few times

Shit ass decision…. Full stop

If they don’t bring Bruce back i am fine with it

Reactions: bbud and wonton15

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
That 3rd period was probably the most entertaining period of hockey all year. I couldn't take my eyes off the puck, which is really saying something. I hadn't felt like that since 2010-11.
Even if this run is unsuccessful, I can appreciate watching games that I’m emotionally invested in because they’re in the fight. I know pragmatically that isn’t good for our draft position at the end of the day if they fail, but f*** I love playoff hockey and these last few games have had that intensity level for me. I’m not kidding when I say tonight’s loss hurt the most since Game 7 vs Vegas because tonight felt like a playoff game, and every playoff loss brings you closer to elimination.

They played hard tonight and dominated this game for stretches. It sucks they didn’t bury more, but oh well. Bring on the Minnesota game - just hope these guys can keep this kind of intensity up, win or lose.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Disappointing loss for sure but it was unreasonable to expect the team to go on a 13 game winning streak to end the season anyways. Got a point which could be huge. There's still a chance...

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
I agree with Shothouse and Garrett

you knew Ottawa was going to tie it after vancouver blew it in the 2nd
you just have to pad the lead and it wasn't even Ottawa goaltending

it was simply missing the net.
And making stupid passes after passing up shots against a sun 900 goalie

Reactions: Breakers

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
For me, the best part of this run is that we're all enjoying the games again. The past 8 years - with the brief exception of the Bubble Run in 2020 - have largely been miserable and forgettable. We probably won't make the dance this year, but there is clear direction and a renewed sense of purpose here. It'll be fun to watch what they do in the off-season, and enter next year with some confidence.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Disappointing loss for sure but it was unreasonable to expect the team to go on a 13 game winning streak to end the season anyways. Got a point which could be huge. There's still a chance...
A chancd hughes brainfarts on d again for sure

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Even if this run is unsuccessful, I can appreciate watching games that I’m emotionally invested in because they’re in the fight. I know pragmatically that isn’t good for our draft position at the end of the day if they fail, but f*** I love playoff hockey and these last few games have had that intensity level for me. I’m not kidding when I say tonight’s loss hurt the most since Game 7 vs Vegas because tonight felt like a playoff game, and every playoff loss brings you closer to elimination.

They played hard tonight and dominated this game for stretches. It sucks they didn’t bury more, but oh well. Bring on the Minnesota game - just hope these guys can keep this kind of intensity up, win or lose.

Low bar. you're pumped about playing games where we are not mathematically out of the playoffs with 12 games left. Thats a terribly low expectation.

good teams take playoffs as a given, and are looking at how they are gonna win 16 in the playoffs. different standards.

Reactions: bbud

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yes because every other shooter did so well

I mean, you could use that argument for saying we should have used Highmore.

Petan is a hands guy who is an automatic selection in the shootout at lower levels. This is his jam. Podkolzin is playing terrific right now but he is not a breakaway/dekes guy.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
shootout is a crapshoot, you can over analyze anything on that.

game should never have gone to OT.

Its just frustrating that the team kept going a hundred miles an hour but forget to take their time to bury their chances.

I thought we tried to play fast to negate the sens speed, still too much on the perimeter for my liking.

we are missing basically an entire line of Horvat/Pearson/Hoglander.

We really need better dmen on the right side. Props to Schenn for the way he plays, hes all heart, but he cant be a top 4 on a contender. Myers has had some good games, but same thing he's just not smart enough. He has 1 goal this year. He plays a ton and get a ton of chances playing with OEL and has 1 goal.

Schenn should be the 3rd RHD or the #7 dman. Myers should be shot out of a cannon.

lol Bruce with the F bomb, surprised he didnt have a heart attack watching this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad