GDT: Senators @ Blues - Dads and Lads Edition - 7:00pm - City TV

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Someone texted TSN1200 post game about whether the refs intended to blow the whistle or not. Simmer said in this case the refs did not intend to blow.

Intended or not the refs did blow..... that call!

I agree. No intent. You see that call often enough. I can't imagine a ref being afraid to make that call if that was the case.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Get Nilsson back in the net - he’s so calm and smooth the team has much better flow with him in net

Yep. Anderson back to his Susanna Hoffs thing where he moves his eyes and stuff. Nilsson is rock solid in nets, nothing ever fazes him and the team just steps up because of that. I was nearly in tears when I found out Anderson was playing, I knew there would be some weird incident and lo and behold, there was. Excellent, excellent game by Pajaarvi though, he just motors through nearly anything.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yep. Anderson back to his Susanna Hoffs thing where he moves his eyes and stuff. Nilsson is rock solid in nets, nothing ever fazes him and the team just steps up because of that. I was nearly in tears when I found out Anderson was playing, I knew there would be some weird incident and lo and behold, there was. Excellent, excellent game by Pajaarvi though, he just motors through nearly anything.

Are you really going to blame this loss on Andy?

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I mean, I think Andy has been a soldier for this team, carried us on his back a lot. I do get annoyed by his style in nets and I am not his biggest fan although I want him to succeed, but it is unfair to blame him tonight.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
There was no chance that was going to be overturned that was my issue with the challenge

I believe that Toronto can't review a non whistle but Boucher had to gamble that maybe Toronto would view the stick under Andy's glove as interference. If he had not tried the hail Mary he'd be raked over the coals for not doing it. He waited until the last possible moment before doing it and as some have already posted it gave Andy more time to calm down.

All things considered I'm with Boucher on this even if he had no hope it still served a purpose. Now if it had been earlier in the game that's a totally different story.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Anything official regarding the allowed goal, missed call, good because Andy trapped the puck along with a stick or are covered pucks fair game now pre whistle?

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
I believe that Toronto can't review a non whistle but Boucher had to gamble that maybe Toronto would view the stick under Andy's glove as interference. If he had not tried the hail Mary he'd be raked over the coals for not doing it. He waited until the last possible moment before doing it and as some have already posted it gave Andy more time to calm down.

All things considered I'm with Boucher on this even if he had no hope it still served a purpose. Now if it had been earlier in the game that's a totally different story.
Imagine if that call went against Totonto in a playoff game. Holy -***t

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
There was no chance that was going to be overturned that was my issue with the challenge
Yeah maybe they should have saved the time out rather than making a statement about the predictably terrible call against the Sens.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Anything official regarding the allowed goal, missed call, good because Andy trapped the puck along with a stick or are covered pucks fair game now pre whistle?

Do they ever give an official ruling when the refs muff it.

NHL Head of Refs Conclusion: Both refs can't see the puck no whistle good goal.

NHL - Good job refs you've earned some extra paydays in the playoffs

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

You were nearly in tears? Really....really?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
A bit of a shame we didn’t keep Nilsson between the pipes today but hey ho, at least it wasn’t a blow out.

Any reason the boy who can do nothing wrong (Boro) was scratched?

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
A bit of a shame we didn’t keep Nilsson between the pipes today but hey ho, at least it wasn’t a blow out.

Any reason the boy who can do nothing wrong (Boro) was scratched?
Boro was injured and had to leave during the last game. I think they said lower body.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
We played a great game and deserved a W. If the parents were there every game we’d be in the playoffs right now.

I’m just happy we’re starting to play our way out of last place. I really don’t care who Colorado drafts, but if we finish last and we/they win the draft lottery, the media would literally eat us alive. Negative attention like that could make Eugene go even crazier.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anderson was absolutely spectacular tonight. Absolutely NO idea why there's even the slightest notion that Nilsson should have played or this is even a conversation.

Both teams played a hell of a game. The refs called a garbage game, we deserved 2 PPs late but got nothing.

Reactions: Deku and DJB

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Deserved-yes, amazing-no way. First goal was 110% on him. And third goal was bad call, but you need to freeze those pucks. And learn to sell.

He did freeze the puck. Nothing more he could do.

The team was super sloppy in their zone the whole game and Andy made so many tough saves to keep them in it. It's incredible that people won't give him his due.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Do they ever give an official ruling when the refs muff it.

NHL Head of Refs Conclusion: Both refs can't see the puck no whistle good goal.

NHL - Good job refs you've earned some extra paydays in the playoffs

Occassionally someone will release something or at least one of the media folks will cite the rule they believe was being followed or not followed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad