GDT: Senators @ Blues - Dads and Lads Edition - 7:00pm - City TV

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Andy is back for a fight for his right to rule the roost!

usa-today-10551126.0.0.0.jpg

Bobby Ryan is making waves on the trade front. The phone is ringing non-stop. Teams are vying to get their kevlar mitts on this key piece of the playoff puzzle.

MOJR103-124_2018_011447_hd.jpg

Everyone wants the streak to continue as the Senators make their road trip down the famous highway, even Guy is excited. So excited he is going 12 and 6! (Guy is an avid reader of HF)

Senators projected lineup

Brady Tkachuk -- Chris Tierney -- Mark Stone
Ryan Dzingel -- Matt Duchene -- Bobby Ryan
Rudolfs Balcers -- Jean-Gabriel Pageau -- Mikkel Boedker
Magnus Paajarvi -- Nick Paul -- Zack Smith

Thomas Chabot -- Dylan DeMelo
Maxime Lajoie -- Cody Ceci
Christian Wolanin -- Christian Jaros

Craig Anderson

Anders Nilsson

Laugh it up, fuzzballs! Another Paajarvi celly coming!

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Andy needs to win this game. I don’t want any drama about losing to St Louis.

Let’s go

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
  • Scratched: LaJoie
  • Andy in net
  • Injured: Justin Falk (upper body), Mike Condon (hip), Colin White (upper body), Mark Borowiecki (lower body)
Paul and Harpur are in for Boro and lajoie

Edit: I see that was already in your OP, I'll be moving along now...

Reactions: Icelevel

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
there isn't even interest in bobby ryan on here...

I like Bobby Ryan. Think he gets a bad rap sometimes because of his contract. But we saw in the playoffs how dominant he can be. And he's playing that way right now too. He's a great guy, who has his inconsistencies no doubt, but money aside, we are a better team with him then without.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm moderately interested in Ryan. He's on pace to have his strongest season with us since 2015.

Sadly some "fans" see his contract before they see the effort he's been putting in every night this season. They can't separate the two, what was Booby supposed to do when they offered him his current contract, insist it was too much money and too long?

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Boucher says he wants to shuffle the lines eh?

Harpur Pageau Ryan

Tkachuk Smith Ceci

Wolanin Tierney Stone

Chabot Duchene Dzingel

Boedker DeMelo

Balcers Jaros

Pajaarvi Paul

This would work for no other reason than causing St Louis to have a literal aneurism.

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Why would there be drama about losing to St Louis. There's like 100 more dramatic story lines going on with this team.

Tongue in cheek post about Andy’s comments from earlier in the season - the team has gotten on a role since he’s been hurt, in his hands to carry on the winning streak

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Boucher says he wants to shuffle the lines eh?

Harpur Pageau Ryan

Tkachuk Smith Ceci

Wolanin Tierney Stone

Chabot Duchene Dzingel

Boedker DeMelo

Balcers Jaros

Pajaarvi Paul

This would work for no other reason than causing St Louis to have a literal aneurism.

Someone saavy please make a Boucher Line Shuffler App for the web!

Reactions: Clayonator

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
After last night's game, the Team, with the Dads, went to the airport, got in to their charter, and flew to St Louis.

Then they joined the Team, for the Morning skate, for this picture.

DxNYR5nU8AAvo9N

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
K wait..... he scratched lajoie for Harpur.... after JUST saying all the young guys played amazing on the cali trip.

Also said he wants to reshuffle the lines so that one young guy is with two vets. Like. How can anyone think this guy is any more than a complete idiot.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Deku

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Tongue in cheek post about Andy’s comments from earlier in the season - the team has gotten on a role since he’s been hurt, in his hands to carry on the winning streak
Well didn't we have an 8 game losing streak after he got injured as well? Considering Anderson's body of work, whatever he does tonight changes absolutely nothing. He's earned his role as the #1 and Nilsson will still get plenty of starts. Its a back to back game. Starting Anderson is historically the right call and if it doesnt work out, it literally doesnt matter at all. None of the out comes of the rest of the games this year matter.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Sadly some "fans" see his contract before they see the effort he's been putting in every night this season. They can't separate the two, what was Booby supposed to do when they offered him his current contract, insist it was too much money and too long?
Well obviously the contract is attached to the player and so is the criticism. I don't see the issue here when people bring it up?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
K wait..... he scratched lajoie for Harpur.... after JUST saying all the young guys played amazing on the cali trip.

Also said he wants to reshuffle the lines so that one young guy is with two vets. Like. How can anyone think this guy is any more than a complete idiot.

No he's playing 12/8, and Boro and Lajoie are out for Harpur and Paul.

Classy move by the Coach to get Hapur and Paul into the line up, while on the last game of the Dads trip.

Reactions: Fuhrious

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Well obviously the contract is attached to the player and so is the criticism. I don't see the issue here when people bring it up?

Do these Ryan bashers ever wonder how they'd react, if ever a contract like his was placed before them, for their signature?

If you put your car up for sale, for 10K, and someone offered you 14K, would yo refuse it?

If anyone is angry by how much someone is getting paid, why not direct their anger at the person who offered the contract, instead of the guy who accepted it?

Reactions: Fuhrious

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Nice to see the coach slot Nick Paul if since its the dads trip. What is the reason for the lack of ice time Harpur is seeing?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do these Ryan bashers ever wonder how they'd react, if ever a contract like his was placed before them, for their signature?

If you put your car up for sale, for 10K, and someone offered you 14K, would yo refuse it?

If anyone is angry by how much someone is getting paid, why not direct their anger at the person who offered the contract, instead of the guy who accepted it?
How often do you see someone blaming him for signing the contract? Is that a common thing here because I haven't seen it. I've seen people criticize his effort or lack thereof but not due to his contract that HE signed.

When I see the contract being brought up its always in the context of a trade or trying to ship him out and how due to its sum makes things difficult. Why would blame be on him accepting a lucrative deal? Any sane person would do the same in his position.

Blame has been laid on management for giving him it that's a given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad