Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Blue Jackets | Well, that got chippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Let's see how Methot performs after missing out on camp and probably a lot of training

He might have a hard time getting back up to speed

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

That's why Stone should always be in the lineup. Not many guys on our roster have the vision and passing skills to get that puck to MacArthur so quickly/accurately.

Also, as to shots against, I still maintain that we must coach our guys to not block routine shots against. Percentages say goalies stop 99.5% of clear shots from outside - allowing these shots is a good way to remove the other team from the puck and change possession. Rebound control is important and defenders have to be ready to transition immediately. I like this approach even if it inflates shots against.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
Also, as to shots against, I still maintain that we must coach our guys to not block routine shots against. Percentages say goalies stop 99.5% of clear shots from outside - allowing these shots is a good way to remove the other team from the puck and change possession. Rebound control is important and defenders have to be ready to transition immediately. I like this approach even if it inflates shots against.

You can tell that's how they're being coached. They actively clear the lanes. It's a smart system, but it doesn't help unless we can convert those low quality shots into possession (and possession into zone exit, etc). When they do a good job of that, the team plays really well and scores goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad