Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Blue Jackets | Well, that got chippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Nice game. Same goalies and D as last year but we seem to be better in our own end as a team.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Lehner was solid. We have two goalies playing lights out right now, which is a great place to be in.

Mac was fantastic. I thought Karlsson had a really good game. Not a lot of bad really, except that IMO Neil pushed that player into Lehner and almost took him out in the 3rd. That was brainless.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Zack Smith with only 8mins. Usually one of Macleans go to players.

Lehner had his best rebound control in a long time.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
Another consistent performance by Ceci and Chiasson. Great game for Karlsson and MacArthur too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Great game. I have no complaints because, for the most part, our team was firing on all cylinders. Karlsson with a monster game. Same for CMac. Goaltending was phenomenal. I could probably mention some great plays from pretty much every player on our team tonight.

Soldier on!

since92

May 9, 2011
Great game by Lehner. Came up huge when we needed him. We really need to do something with our shots against and FO%. Mac and Chaisson (Mac and cheese?) really stood out for me.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
With Columbus basically running half a roster, it was a game we had to win.

Nice to see Erik skating a bit better. Still missing a bit of speed and his pivots to the left are a bit awkward yet, but definitely improving. Very good game tonight.

Cowen was solid. No major gaffes, and played with urgency. All the D looked pretty good. Ceci looks like a vet out there...still want to be careful with him though, not need pushing too much with him.

Still need to see a bit more hustle overall. Have to skate for a full 60. Consistency.

Happy the guys are back in the win column. Needed to stop that little skid.

EssendonBombers

classless
Jan 4, 2011
Straya
I don't understand people saying Zibanejad should be benched. Do you really think Greening is a better option? That's who's coming in if Zibby is out.

Karlsson2Turris*

How does one have ZERO points while playing on the second line and getting 2nd unit PP time? Zibby looked so promising last year :(

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
I think we expect more from ZBad because he was a fairly high 1st pick and also because Bryan Murray even spoke of him possibly filling the 1st line spot with Turris as the 2nd line centre. From what we've seen that is still in future years or it may never happen. He's a solidly built player although he falls a lot but does he have the play making ability to be a top notch centre. Possibly he'd be a top 9 right wing but it's hard to see how he'll live up to expectations as top 2 line centre with Lazar on the horizon.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Nice game. Same goalies and D as last year but we seem to be better in our own end as a team.

I feel as though our goalies have played much better this year. Which has helped. Plus, I feel as though our forward lines are all contributing (for the most part). There are lots of improvements that should be made, but they are working hard to the end. It's not been pretty, but they are doing it! And our goalies are giving us the chance to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad