Post-Game Talk: Senators @ Blue Jackets | Well, that got chippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'm not a Zibby hater, I just think he has been kinda meh this season thus far. I was honestly hoping to see a breakout season from him this year with the Spezza loss. Perhaps its maybe my expectations that are out of whack.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
CBJ had 38 shots?

I didn't feel like it

Lehner made a few outstanding saves but it feels like most of those shots weren't from high scoring areas

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
team looks much better than last year imo. and that's without methot.
not missing spezza yet. and loving chiasson.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Clarke MacArthur was oud best player tonight. God I am glad we resigned him, I was saying to my friends before the extension that I would be willing to pay Mac 5.5 mil because he is such all around good playerand my buddy laughed it off and said last year was a fluke year and he will have 40 points this year. Screw you Eric!

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Spezza has double the points. Chiasson is more of a goal scorer, goes to the dirty spots and Spezza is a playmaker... No comparables

oh i have watched some of the dallas games, spezza his usual self, back check? I DONT DO NO BACK CHECK... he has done well on the powerplay, and maybe thats all he will do there....

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
good, im glad your posts are negative , congrats :)i will give you MEH to your comments

Feel free to disagree. And calling me out of all people on having negative comments seems pretty laughable. I'm one of the more positive people on here, especially in GDT's.

Sorry for hoping that Zib would come out of the gate really strong and just grab that #2C position.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
I think it's pretty clear that Lehner's biggest weakness in general is his rebound control, because when he does a good job controlling those, he's seriously hard to beat. That was the best game I've seen him play in a while.

--

Two or three goals tonight came about directly as a result of good defensive support from the forward group and a resultant fast transition and/or odd man rush. That's a recipe to scoring on almost any team in the league, so it was great to see it working so well tonight. It's a two bird/one stone sort of thing - don't get hemmed in to our own defensive zone, get more quality scoring chances at the other end.

--

That version of Jared Cowen can stay in the line up, imo.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
this is why i am always confused by the fans who see a player sitting and think it's because he is not playing well, when rather it may be a slight recurrance of an injury.... my biggest peave

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Looks like Spezza is gonna go PPG this year, still happy with Chiasson because Spezza was gonna walk for sure, and its good to have a potential 20 goal scorer locked up instead of the potential 82 games of Spezza.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I'm not a Zibby hater, I just think he has been kinda meh this season thus far. I was honestly hoping to see a breakout season from him this year with the Spezza loss. Perhaps its maybe my expectations that are out of whack.

No, he just hasn't been very good. We've seen him play better before. He's 21, this isn't all that alarming. But you do have to hope things go right at some point

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
Looks like Spezza is gonna go PPG this year, still happy with Chiasson because Spezza was gonna walk for sure, and its good to have a potential 20 goal scorer locked up instead of the potential 82 games of Spezza.

you must also agree that this is a team game, and it will be interesting to see if the crazy mix of players in Dallas will even hit the playoffs, no matter what Sputum does

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Really really really like Ceci and Chiasson. I thought the Spezza trade was a bad trade but Chiasson has been great.

Really liked what I saw from Karlsson tonight, hopefully he gets back to early 2013 form soon.

Cowen played a simple good game, Lehner had a great game as well.

Hope boro is fine :(

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
For sure. In those 8 games he has been "meh" to me so far. I suppose we could discuss no players in how they play until the 30 game mark?

You were stating your disappointment in a lack of a breakout season, I was pointing out that it's silly to assume that a player will not break out after 8 games.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
oh i have watched some of the dallas games, spezza his usual self, back check? I DONT DO NO BACK CHECK... he has done well on the powerplay, and maybe thats all he will do there....

To be fair most of Chiasson's points are on the power play and he is also a minus player lol

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You were stating your disappointment in a lack of a breakout season, I was pointing out that it's silly to assume that a player will not break out after 8 games.

As I said before, I was hoping with the Spezza loss he was going to come strong out of the gate and really grab that #2 spot. I look at it as a positive that I think he has the skill and the game to actually do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad