Post-Game Talk: Senators at Philly

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think I'll finally be able to post this without getting in trouble, haha.

XNXif9w.png

Wishful thinking and optimism isn't a crime! :)

:laugh:
Fair point!

Johndunham7

Johnny Hockey
Dec 12, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
From the Bruins board, Congrats!

A very well played, and hard fought last 30 games. Most deserving of any playoff spot.

If the Bruins fail to clinch, I'll be rootin' for ya!

utah

Apr 12, 2006
Wow......a run for the ages! Lots of stress watching today, but it's been all elation since the buzzer sounded to end the third!

Go Sens Go!

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
How did they do this ? outshot, outhit, but not outscored ! I'm in a celebratoiry shock, safely at home and I still can'yt believe it ... Stone 2 goals, and Hammond just doing his thing... UNREAL... Now 6-0 @ bars... But I'm a home guy... Sens r taking me outta my comforrt zone

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How did they do this ? outshot, outhit, but not outscored ! I'm in a celebratoiry shock, safely at home and I still can'yt believe it ... Stone 2 goals, and Hammond just doing his thing... UNREAL

Anything can happen when you have a hot goaltender.

With Lehner in net, the Sens would have lost this game 5-2. :sarcasm:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
sorry if I missed it elsewhere but heard on the radio people may be flocking to the airport to welcome the team home.
Anyone know if this is happening and at what time?

Woooooohhooooio!

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Feel like I owe my wife bigtime for letting me watch this whole run, without getting cranky with me for completely ignoring her for 2 months.... Think I owe her a Baton Rouge or Al's Steakhouse Dinner and a shopping spree.... but she's awesome, she hates shopping, God I have it sooo good right now

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Checking in from the City of Brotherly Love! Philly fans were awesome today. This is my second time in Philly cheering on the opposing team (also came down for a football game) and the Philly fans have been nothing but fantastic. Don't believe the negative hype.

So ****ing proud of our boys. They did it. When the odds were so stacked against them. When we needed everything to go right to even have an outside chance. When we just refused to roll over and die. When every game was do or die and they just "did," again and again.

This team will have a 30 for 30 ESPN special about it somewhere down the line. This run is the kind of thing you'd expect in a movie starring Emilio Estevez. and a batch of happy-go-lucky misfit ragtag miscreants.

I tell you what, I wouldn't want to be facing the Sens in the playoffs right now. We needed a lot of help from other teams and some lucky bounces, but when it all comes down to it, we're here because we willed ourselves to be here.

Game on.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Checking in from the City of Brotherly Love! Philly fans were awesome today. This is my second time in Philly cheering on the opposing team (also came down for a football game) and the Philly fans have been nothing but fantastic. Don't believe the negative hype.

So ****ing proud of our boys. They did it. When the odds were so stacked against them. When we needed everything to go right to even have an outside chance. When we just refused to roll over and die. When every game was do or die and they just "did," again and again.

This team will have a 30 for 30 ESPN special about it somewhere down the line. This run is the kind of thing you'd expect in a movie starring Emilio Estevez. and a batch of happy-go-lucky misfit ragtag miscreants.

I tell you what, I wouldn't want to be facing the Sens in the playoffs right now. We needed a lot of help from other teams and some lucky bounces, but when it all comes down to it, we're here because we willed ourselves to be here.

Game on.

5whix.gif

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Canucks fan checking in, I probably watched more Ottawa than Vancouver games down the stretch. :laugh:

Always great to see an improbable run bear fruits. Hope you guys don't stop at the first round and bulldoze your way into the SCF

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Often times teams that go on runs like the one you guys have enjoyed come up short in their efforts through no fault of their own.

It's nice to see the efforts paid off with the clinching of the PO's.

Now, do the hockey world a favor and curb stop the Habs.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
And I'm soooooo relieved that those points we lost to the leafs or the ROW we blew against the Flames didn't come back to bite us.

We've lost so few games during this stretch that I remember them so distinctly: the SO loss against Minnesota (where we thought Hammond's weakness might be the SO), the game against Poston (which we may have deserved to win), the blown lead against the leafs, the arse-kicking by the Rangers, the loss the next game against Florida, the SO loss against the leafs.

We won everything else. :D

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
Anyone have a picture of the standinds in feb and along with the % chance we had of making the playoffs?

At sportsclubstats, we were at 20% at the beginning of the week, so I guess they still have to work a bit on the method.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
WE **************ING DID IT!

CAN YOU ACTUALLY FATHOM WHAT HAPPENED!?

AN UNKNOWN GOALIE COMES IN, PLAYS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER IN HISTORY OVER 25 GAMES. WINS 20 OF THEM.

OUR PROSPECTS PLAY LIKE VETERAN STARS.

KARLSSON RISES FROM THE ASHES TO PLAY STELLAR SECOND HALF.

EVERYTHING CLICKS.

EVERYTHING.

Playoffs....

Can you imagine if we face Montreal and beat them? Can you imagine? Would there be a greater feeling in life?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad